Moving to London!

- open
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

black cabs are the most expensive. the charge is set on how long you're in the taxi, so if you get stuck in traffic you're screwed. I always get the dodgy ones outside of clubs and they are always cheaper.

either way they are all overpriced. just when I have been out all night I dont like getting the tube home.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

these taxi drivers will always lower their price, if they don't do it cheaper someone else will.
ChrisCV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ChrisCV »

minicabs vs black cabs is an interesting one...

i find if you're going short distances during off peak hours then black cabs can be cheaper...

minicabs off the street.. especially the dodgy ones hate to seem to go below £10 for a minimum fare no matter where you're going...

the number of times i've argued with minicab drivers about getting home from farringdon, shoreditch, dalston to my place in angel in the early hours of the morning... its only a 15 minute walk.. black cab will do it for a tenner.. mini cabs always come in at £20.. get bartered down to £15... hate to budge below that...

longer distances.. defo go minicab... but sometimes shorter distances do black cab.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Farringdon back to Shepherds Bush is 25 mini cab. I can get it for 15 if I get an illegal one.

I went from Fabric to Cargo the other day and the mini cab wanted 12.
MarkA
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MarkA »

tommy_fretwell wrote:Cheers for the responses!

@ Mark - nice one mate, how long you been down here and for what reason, purely a creative move? I haven't got anything setup down here at the minute cos we are in a stop gap place, just a room..its driving me insane! What's it like getting a gig down here?
moved down to get a decent job and get some gigs, which has happened. Played at Ministry and a pretty cool night called Leading Astray, more potentially on the horizon as well.
Whereabouts are you staying? you'll have to come round, make some tunes.
hotpace
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Moving to London!

Post by hotpace »

I've just moved down from Yorkshire 3 months ago as well. Living North in Finchley. Easy enough to get anywhere though I've found! My missus also dislikes clubbing! :-sadflower
platesofbeef
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: Moving to London!

Post by platesofbeef »

As someone pointed out in a previous post, Warm are putting on some great nights, and have been for a long time now. As my 2 kids keep me indoors a lot now, whenever I do get out, Warm are always the first ones I check to see what's happening.