Stefan Goldmann goes deep

- open
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

Why plaster the Internet with files? Who finds that valuable anymore? Imagine an incredible piece of music available only once — on dubplate. Or let’s consider falling back in history — music only in the presence of its creator. No release. Come to the concert. Enthusiasm will be back when you get this feeling of attending something really special. How to create this feeling for the audience is the core task of the creatives, if they deserve that name.
thats exactly what all these digital guys said was so elitist behavior, and music should be available to anyone, everywhere, good music is still good music even if its all over the internet .. bla bla

now beatport is mainstream and mainstream is bad, i cannot stop laughing
blizt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by blizt »

Looks interesting i'll read that tonight. Thanks.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Themis wrote:
Why plaster the Internet with files? Who finds that valuable anymore? Imagine an incredible piece of music available only once — on dubplate. Or let’s consider falling back in history — music only in the presence of its creator. No release. Come to the concert. Enthusiasm will be back when you get this feeling of attending something really special. How to create this feeling for the audience is the core task of the creatives, if they deserve that name.
thats exactly what all these digital guys said was so elitist behavior, and music should be available to anyone, everywhere, good music is still good music even if its all over the internet .. bla bla

I'm not surprised that you pick out these 2-3 lines out of the whole article and use it to bash the digital labels/artists/etc. The thing is, that no one can stop the internet, so I'm surprised you use all your energy being so negative. Oh well.

It's a very interesting read, and he is so spot on with everything he writes, including numbers etc.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

i dont need all my energy to write one post :D

i do not blame anyone, no one could have stoped the digital "revolution", it just had to happen.

and now we can think of ways to get rid of the internet, think of ways how we can play tracks no one has, release albums that no one can rip, and do music no one else than us can do (some kind of live performance)

thank god we are back where all this started decades ago !
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

We should sabotage the internet and not use it for one day. It would be interesting to see the reactions.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

just read this now. spot on.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

patrick bateman wrote:
Themis wrote:

I'm not surprised that you pick out these 2-3 lines out of the whole article and use it to bash the digital labels/artists/etc. The thing is, that no one can stop the internet, so I'm surprised you use all your energy being so negative. Oh well.

It's a very interesting read, and he is so spot on with everything he writes, including numbers etc.
good music is still good music yes, but the internet has definitely changed the way people value music.