Bar 25

Post by grace anxiety »

I see its re opening again :D

http://www.savebar25.com/
maxeinsoul
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by maxeinsoul »

I hope they close it this time. Berlin needs another Bar 25, without the hype, at least for a couple of years. The crowd in this club got ridiculous within a year. From a funky blend of locals and tourists to pretentious hipsters all over.
I don't know the locals opinion about this, but I really feel that the scene in the must-see night clubs really suffered, with tourism first, but with the rise of a local hype too. People in Berghain sounded nicer in 2008 than today. I mean berliners smiled much more in my memories. I remember thinking tourists were the problem, now I felt there was an equal proportion of jerks on both sides, like it use to be : I'm inside this club, lets have fun, now it's more like : I got in, that makes me somebody.
Funny.
grace anxiety
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by grace anxiety »

Im a tourist obv... tho when I was alst in panorama bar I found alot of people to be posing. Like trying to out pose each other as in ''ooo look at me ...notice me'

it was cringey
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

i feel like its everywhere the same .. there is a lack of normal friendly people in this world :/
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

I watched the video on the bar25 site and i thought I was watching Nathan Barley.

Finding good crowds is it and miss... but they're always around.. just a question of where.

Didn't have any problems in Berlin finding nice communities... I wanna go there again.
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

Themis wrote:i feel like its everywhere the same .. there is a lack of normal friendly people in this world :/
this.
Not to mention: this tourist thing is just bull. So many people travel all across the globe to party, so it's rather silly to piss on those people while they do more effort to go partying then any local hipster.

As long as you behave and come to party, I think clubs should be open for everyone. Sorry, but in the beginning days of techno, that was exactly what techno was all about... one family where everyone was allowed.

Forward to 2011 and it seems none of that old crede is left. Especially in Berlin they should know better!

Why on earth is everyone moving to Berlin in the first place... as if you can't make decent music in London, Brussels, Amsterdam or whatever. I get the feeling that Berlin is starting to get full with producers and dj's, just like everyone in LA is an actor or model :lol:
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Rent is dirt cheap in Berlin. If I were to move to Berlin I could live off music no problem. In London my rent is so much I have do have another job to survive. If I didnt have a family I would move there myself as all I would want to do as a single male is make music day/night and Berlin allows you to do this. I have lots of friends over there making a living off their music and the odd dj gig which is the dream no?
miro pajic
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miro pajic »

maxeinsoul wrote:I hope they close it this time. Berlin needs another Bar 25, without the hype, at least for a couple of years. The crowd in this club got ridiculous within a year. From a funky blend of locals and tourists to pretentious hipsters all over.
I don't know the locals opinion about this, but I really feel that the scene in the must-see night clubs really suffered, with tourism first, but with the rise of a local hype too. People in Berghain sounded nicer in 2008 than today. I mean berliners smiled much more in my memories. I remember thinking tourists were the problem, now I felt there was an equal proportion of jerks on both sides, like it use to be : I'm inside this club, lets have fun, now it's more like : I got in, that makes me somebody.
Funny.
this