berlin,london,new york... @_@

- open
darke
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

berlin,london,new york... @_@

Post by darke »

hi all
I am interested to move from my country in the prospect of working with music.
Which city do you recommend me? Berlin London .. or maybe new york ..
Is there someone who knows the U.S. 'tell me if I can get a visa for a period of one year doing some kind of music courses in nyc?

ps. I'm from Italy :roll:
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

student visa's in the states are good for two years, i think. can't confirm that though, as i'm neither foreign or a student.

i think you have to be at an accredited school though. you can't take ableton classes at dubspot and get a visa.
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

its easier for you within the EU, you need no visas and you can work anywhere.

Berlin is much cheaper than London.
Maiyal
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Maiyal »

Also the boarder officials in the states are retarded. they ask you every possible question ranging from your shoe size to your first girlfriend's middle name. That is, if you are from the outside. They take fingerprints and photos and such, which i find ridiculous.
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

Maiyal wrote:Also the boarder officials in the states are retarded. they ask you every possible question ranging from your shoe size to your first girlfriend's middle name. That is, if you are from the outside. They take fingerprints and photos and such, which i find ridiculous.
they ask those questions if you give them a reason to. just act normal and you're fine. i've never had any friends have issues. the only time someone coming in to bunker had a problem was kadebostan. i guess he acted super paranoid and sketchy at the border, and they fucked with him for over an hour.

as for fingerprints and photos...they do that in lots of countries.
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

cloutier wrote: as for fingerprints and photos...they do that in lots of countries.
which countries?
I've only tried it in US (but besides that I had no problems coming in/out).
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

to answer the question, it will be MUCH easier for you to stay inside EU. You can travel without any problems and stay as tourist for 3-6 months depending which country it is, and if you actually make money for yourself and have enough for a living, then most countries will let you stay.

Berlin should have special easier rules for artists etc (as fas as I've heard)
Maiyal
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Maiyal »

cloutier wrote:
Maiyal wrote:Also the boarder officials in the states are retarded. they ask you every possible question ranging from your shoe size to your first girlfriend's middle name. That is, if you are from the outside. They take fingerprints and photos and such, which i find ridiculous.
they ask those questions if you give them a reason to. just act normal and you're fine. i've never had any friends have issues. the only time someone coming in to bunker had a problem was kadebostan. i guess he acted super paranoid and sketchy at the border, and they fucked with him for over an hour.

as for fingerprints and photos...they do that in lots of countries.
No, if you act super paranoid they'll search your ass. But every time I've had a transfer in the states, they've asked me a bunch of silly questions. I don't mind answering them, they just seem like such a waste of time and to be honest, who gives a rat's ass. Canada is still the worst with questions. Especially coming back from Mexico hahaha