berlin,london,new york... @_@

- open
pafufta816
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pafufta816 »

Maiyal wrote:Also the boarder officials in the states are retarded. they ask you every possible question ranging from your shoe size to your first girlfriend's middle name. That is, if you are from the outside. They take fingerprints and photos and such, which i find ridiculous.
the detroit border guards were huge dicks to me and my friend crossing from windsor back into detroit. my friend got super nervous which just intensified the guards questioning, making my friend seem more suspicious. he insisted we were on or had drugs.

play it cool, but if you fit some stereotype then it doesn't make any difference.
PB_London
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by PB_London »

Hey Darke,

You still looking at doing a music course?

Thought Berlin is a pretty cool city, if your looking to start working in music, I would have to say that London is where you need to be. I've just moved here for similar reasons and there are a lot more opportunities here than anywhere else.

And moving back, almost seamlessly to music courses, I'm actually working at a music college in London. Point Blank Music School.
We have lots of student here from Europe, and indeed around the world. Our advisors are very well read up on visa applications and everything you would need to know about moving to London to study.

If you are still looking for courses to do, then have a look at the London College's site at http://www.pointblanklondon.com

Good luck with it!

James
darke
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by darke »

thanks to all for replies ...
I imagined music courses That Were not accepted for the visa in the U.S. .. Anyway, I'm choosing between London and Berlin .. What Is The most livable of the two?
Berlin is cheapest than London but job opportunities? language? I do not know German :) ..
Italy, unfortunately, offers few opportunities ..
Best regards
Darke
ChrisCV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ChrisCV »

its pretty simple really...
berlin is full of germans...
new york is full of yanks...

your only option is london.
PB_London
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by PB_London »

Although ChrisCV has only stated facts, and I agree with his choice, I think maybe his wording has tainted his post somewhat.

Berlin is an awesome city. One of the best cities in europe. But for an english speaking music student, London is THE place to be.

There is so much going on, and (getting to the sales push) Point Blank is a great place to push your music career further. You meet loads of like minded musicans and everyone is ready to collaborate and work with in the studio.

Point Blank aside though; London is the only place to be if you want to get a foothold in music or any media job.

Get in touch if you want any more info.

James - Point Blank
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

i love london but it's very expensive. my one bedroom flat with living and kitching area was £850 a month. that was in Harrow which is northwest and probably the worst place to get home when the tube is closed. it cost more if you want to live in a cool area.
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

still, I would gladly fork over the cash to live in a great city like London. Lived there for three months and am still totally homesick, dying to move back but job and morgages etc keep me here for now...
Berlin would never be for me: after two days I can't wait to get out of there, I know many people will consider it blasphemy but I get bored there. There's more to life then clubbing etc. And it's freakishly cold there in winter, djeezes.
London for the win, if you ask me. Which you don't :D
junger
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by junger »

yeah winter in berlin is so depressing... i was about to put all my savings on a flight to fuckin rio de janeiro ..