Traktor help needed...fast!!

- open
Anteuro
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Traktor help needed...fast!!

Post by Anteuro »

I have a gig tomorrow and my macbook pro has blown up.

I use Traktor Pro and an akai APC20 controller for my sets.

So as stated elsewhere, my only option is to use a crap acer aspire laptop with the APC20.
I have 'optimized' the laptop for better performance, and have installed Traktor, imported my Traktor .tsi file and everything works with the APC20 apart from one huge bug!

When I press the midi buttons I have assigned to certain jobs (loop time select, sync and browser) there is an audible crackle/glitch..it does not sound healthy at all!

The APC20 is supposedly 'plug and play' so I cant find any drivers for it ect...could it be an audio driver thing, or buffer size, or what!?

I know these threads often go unanswered/ ignored but if anyone has an insight pleeaase let me know!

Thanks in advance

Reuben
ChrisCV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ChrisCV »

are you using the laptop soundcard?
Anteuro
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Anteuro »

at the moment yeah, just for testing..on the night im pretty sure it will be a NI audio 4...you think i should test it on my motu too?

edit: scrap that, this shitty laptop doesnt have firewire so I cant test it with my MOTU 8pre
Roy Koch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Roy Koch »

Maybe a good moment to start moving away from Traktor!!
Anteuro
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Anteuro »

haha, maybe, but the issue doesnt lie with traktor i am certain of that, it must be a hardware problem
mattburns
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mattburns »

Burn some cds until you get your Traktor properly sorted. You don't wanna risk turning up and not being able to play. I've ditched traktor for playing out now. Nearly always some sort of issue with it
Upcoming Gigs
Twitch presents Function (Sandwell District) on 16th March in The Empire, Belfast. Support from Matt Burns//Paddy Towe//Phil Lucas.

Twitch presents Lerosa on 9th April in QUBSU with support from Matt Burns//Paddy Towe//NEZ//Phil Lucas
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

yeah, burn some cd's for this gig.

to be honest, I almost never have any problems with traktor when playing out, maybe I'm just lucky.
ChrisCV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ChrisCV »

its going to be a problem with the audio interface on the laptop...
they're pretty shitty cheapo things... and you often get interference from other components.

you shouldn't use the output from your laptop anyway...
the quality is terrible... i heard somone use their laptop audio output vs a CD... the difference in clarity was quite ridiculous...
and that was on a Mac before you ask.....

so ensure you have the audio 4 interface to use
give it a whirl... maybe do a soundcheck?
but as a back up get your CDs ready incase it goes legs akimbo.