new business model for labels

- open
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

ChrisCV wrote:true... but then you've got to go through all the hassle of setting it up... and you might not get onto beatport which is quite important these days....

and say if you don't output enough to be able to warrant a label... this could be the cheapest way to get exposure....

i think its fair enough.... pay to get your break... maybe all the A&R people in the world think your music is crap... maybe they're all wrong and all it takes is a little break? and paying for it is the only way?
there are thousands of labels that will listen to your tracks for free. most of them will release anything too. this label is making a big deal about their quality control so if the world thinks your music is crap then you can bet these guys will too.
ChrisCV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ChrisCV »

don't get me wrong...
i would never pay someone just so they will listen to my music....

but there are loads of labels out there that will release anything and they don't really do too much...

if there was a label that was a good size and could give you good exposure then it may be worth paying in some random way...

loads of times people get ahead in this show business purely on exposure alone... and if you can pay someone to give you a leg up and a shortcut... then why not if you can afford it and if the pay off is worth it...
djshiva
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by djshiva »

Everyone who has read this post, you now owe me 5 euro. Paypal accepted.
gowans
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by gowans »

surely april fools?
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

1 euro to listen to your track... now that's an idea. At least it'll keep the mass-demo-submitters at bay. My friend Dufrain is also on that label apparently. So as far as quality goes, they should be okay :)

One of their artists is called Dj Wank btw. Sorry, but that made me laugh. That deserves one euro. :lol: I hope they'll use my euro for some decent artwork because they sure have some very fugly designs there.
LouisVee
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by LouisVee »

They should give back the money if they sign the artist!
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: new business model for labels

Post by pheek »

omg... that is what i should have done a while back: charge people for listening to their demos! I'm sure that will limit incoming crap :lol: