New in London! Need some advice..

- open
riparbelli
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

New in London! Need some advice..

Post by riparbelli »

Hi all mnml people.

I just moved to London to stay here for 3.5 months, and obviousy looking forward to some good clubbing! I obviously know about the big venues such as Fabric, Cable, The Egg, MoS and Cable, but what other places would you reckon i check out? Also just smaller bars/pubs with quality electronic music. I know about RA's events but it just seems so confusing with all the events. Im from copenhagen, where im used to a way smaller scene with few events to choose from every weekend. I am mainly into deep house, tech house and minmal, but all sorts of electronic music goes exept for trance hardstyle and that sort of thing. Hope someone feels like dropping some knowledge!

Also, a little side question: I want to buy a djm 800 over here (or another mixer). What sites should i look on? I know about gumtree and ebay, but would like some more to keep an eye on. Maybe some small UK forums with a buy/sell subforum would be nice..

Cheers!
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Toi Toi, Sud Electronic, Electric Minds Loft Party, Lokee, Nofitstate, Secret Sundaze and Mulletover are names of parties which are decent.

Plastic People, The Nest , Corsica Studios and CAMP are decent venues to check out. There is a space called the basement too in east which is really good. most of the decent parties are in one off spaces warehouses or carparks where people are free to do what they want.

Gumtree is your best bet if you want it second hand. I use it all the time, just ring the number up and go from there. It's also worth checking out the soundonsound website.
Ciaran_
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ciaran_ »

When is it you get to the UK? There's always so much going on in London, you wont have to go far to find something
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: New in London! Need some advice..

Post by roland »

riparbelli wrote: Maybe some small UK forums with a buy/sell subforum would be nice..

Cheers!
imo such a subforum would be nice on mnml.nl too..
riparbelli
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by riparbelli »

Thanks so much for the answer, ill keep looking out on Gumtree then :) I am already here, went to fabric first time yesterday which was amazing.
MarkA
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MarkA »

Toi Toi, Leading Astray, Lo*kee are pretty good smaller nights.
MarkA
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MarkA »

::BLM:: wrote:Toi Toi, Sud Electronic, Electric Minds Loft Party, Lokee, There is a space called the basement too in east which is really good.
played there last month, fantastic venue
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

What party did you play for? I played for Toi Toi and it was cool, but I heard that a few other promoters really do up the basement so it looks really good.