The bleeding edge

- open
LOVING TEETH
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

The bleeding edge

Post by LOVING TEETH »

When talking about the current state of techno, a lot of participants claim its all stars and spokesmen of genre have lost focus; providing the argument that techno was born out of innovation and futurism. 

Like hendrix picked up a fuzzface and a plexi, atkins picked up a 909 and 303. Gear selection was made because it was the strangest and easily manipulated technology available

Now with the globalization of the Internet technology isnt so exclusive. When something is created it usually easily duplicated and/or acquired freely, which in my opinion diminishes its presence. Especially when the sonic creation marketplace is constantly flooded with shitty vsts, and boutiqe drum machines based on a 25 year old template

So in your opinion, what are some cutting edge tracks currently being pushed? Where are the producers that think so forward their music is condemed??
Are they all producing for the dubstep crowd?
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: The bleeding edge

Post by tone-def »

LOVING TEETH wrote: So in your opinion, what are some cutting edge tracks currently being pushed?
anything that isn't straight up house and techno? maybe this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp5fua0T ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PCSKNOGxl0
LOVING TEETH wrote: are the producers that think so forward their music is condemed??
i don't understand the question. i guess it depends who's listening?
LOVING TEETH wrote: they all producing for the dubstep crowd?
depends if your open minded or not.
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jackbrazzo »

I dont get a big buzz of tracks now.

I could play you some records that are 10 years old and sound as if they were made today.

Beatport sound - hugely popular, too much cookie cutter, I am not a big hater of beatport but a lot of mp3 music sounds the same.

Maybe techno has done its course - I dont have a problem with that as I discovering stuff I missed out in the past. Sure they are some people pushing the scene forward

Matty Dear (seeing him tonight)
fck Buttons
Shackleton
John Roberts.
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jackbrazzo »

I dont get a big buzz of tracks now.

I could play you some records that are 10 years old and sound as if they were made today.

Beatport sound - hugely popular, too much cookie cutter, I am not a big hater of beatport but a lot of mp3 music sounds the same.

Maybe techno has done its course - I dont have a problem with that as I discovering stuff I missed out in the past. Sure they are some people pushing the scene forward

Matty Dear (seeing him tonight)
fck Buttons
Shackleton
John Roberts.
Vito
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Vito »

its probably true theres not much real timeless stuff coming out as much anymore but techno and house will always give me a buzz..Plus i can always find something to fit my mood! 8)
Beethovan acknowledged the visionary qualities of his music,saying those who understand it are freed from the miseries which others drag around with them....