Beatport WAVs

- open
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Beatport WAVs

Post by Themis »

hi, i wondered for a long time now why some stores like whatpeopleplay.com and others doesnt have for every track the possibility to download it as wav.

except beatport, i never saw a track which couldnt be bought as wav.

why doesnt whatpeopleplay have on every track the wav file? maybe there are only supplied with mp3s from some label?

so why is that not the case with beatport?

maybe im a little paranoid here but could it be, that beatport just converts some mp3s back to wav and charge 1 euro without ever having the original wav?

and how could someone proof that its not only some back converted mp3?
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

i know for a fact that beatport requires you to upload wav's to them, and they then convert them back before sending to you. trust me on this one.

as for the other sites, i wouldn't be shocked if people either a) don't give up their masters or b) opt to not sell the wav. also keep in mind that whatpeopleplay is a division of word + sound, and both are huge promo pools, so they probably deal in 320's mainly for press and distribution related things.
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

thx thats what i wanted to hear :D
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Beatport requires that you upload the WAV files, their system converts the files to 320.

Most digital aggregators require that you deliver in wav, but I think there are some shops that only sell 320 as the best quality. So the shops are to blame, not the labels.