Ivika
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Ivika »

New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

This is very interesting. I mean I have no Idea what life is like in Libiya but if it close to what that guy is saying then it sound like one super place to live.

I am not really sure what to think about this military intervention though. I think partly it is about oil and partly it is about stopping Gadaffy from wiping out his own folk and most probably it is partly about something else which only the intervening countries know.
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

seems like it's close to singapore which is the most modern dictatorship on this planet.. people have jobs and the city is as clean as a hospital but on the other hand you're not allowed to be naked in your own flat and if you drop a chewing gum on the street you get strokes with a cane on your ass (even tourists).. and for smoking a joint you go 10 years to prison while you face penalty for possessing more than 20g.. no need to tell that there is no freedom of opinion nor freedom of assembly.. it's the country who executes the death penalty the most in relation to it's population..

i think it's not the point if the people there lived a good life or not it`s about that some of them weren't happy with it and gave opinion by demonstrating.. therefore gadafi killed them with tanks and airstrikes that's what legitimates the intervention..

mostly tho it's like dubai or saudi arabia.. when the regime offers those gifts to the citizens it is to shut them down and to nip any kind of revolution in the bud..
Ivika
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Ivika »

::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

we fought that alone with USA. a justified war we would have the support of other nations. Also we didn't need to stay in Iraq as long as we did...

last year Vodafone were let off 6billion in tax. They are not the only company or super rich individuals to avoid paying tax. People excuse this becuase big business is "good for the economy".

I dont understand what you are saying there? My point was if there was no war our country would have a lot more money to spend on other things. You said we could do both, which clearly isnt the case because all of our services have been cut.

Yeah that Vodaphone thing was a pisstake. I'm sure I see on Question Time that the banks dont also pay tax. Or that they didnt untill recently, but its been set now so they are hardly paying any at all.[/quote]
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

nice video, but it doesnt matter at all.

even if all lybia people were rich and would live under better conditions than any european
that doesnt justify to kill people !
and that is what happens now ! thats why there is an intervention.

and on a side not, i dont believe a single word in this video
half africa migrates to europe but has the paradise on their own doorstep ? of course..
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

I can't stand western apologists. The lot of these types should get with the program or move to some third world shithole and put their money where their mouth is. Let me tell ya... if the tables were turned don't think for a second that the other side would treat us any better. If they way they treat their own people serves as any indication it would be a lot worse. Its a dog eat dog world out there. All this nonsense of our worldly brothers and stuff makes me laugh. Not many cultures out there in the world are all that tolerant of anything which does not conform to their standards.
Ivika
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Ivika »

Life in Libya under Gaddafi:
- typical example of dictatorship society

1. interest-free loans during the study,
2. receives the average salary for this profession if you do not find a job after graduation,
3. the state has paid for to work in the profession
4. Every unemployed person receives social assistance 15,000 $ a year,
5. after the entry into marriage state pays first apartment or house (150m2),
6. buying cars at factory prices,
7. do not owe anyone a cent,
8. free health and education,
9. free higher education abroad,
10. 25% of highly educated,
11. 40 loaves of bread costs $ 0.15,
12. water in the middle of the desert, drinking water,
13. 8 dinars per liter of oil (0.08 EUR),
14. 6% poor,