LIBYA !!

- open
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

i am not disagreeing beucase of budget cuts in the UK. The UK has fuckloads of money (just mostly owned by wankers).

The problems in the UK are not affected by what we do in other countries... we can solve our problems AND look after our friends in other countries.

I feel we should help the Libyans, for sure, but I want to help them in the best way that is possible. We cannot be sure that fighting Gadaffi is best for the future of Libya.

I agree with you 100% that there is no wrong or right here... it's a hard situation. I support the intervention 100% if the situation in Libya is as bad as Western media say it is... AND we have a long term stategy to help the Libyans in the future.
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

oblioblioblio wrote: I feel we should help the Libyans, for sure, but I want to help them in the best way that is possible
if the situation is like it looks like there will be no more people to help if we sit back and watch..

what needs to happen in a country next to us that legitimates an intervention??
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

I agree roland, and you are right to say about it being different if it is a country next to you.

My fear is that we do not know exactly what the situation is like. If the media are telling the true story and we know all the facts, then I think careful miltary action is the first step the West shoud take.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

oblioblioblio wrote:
The problems in the UK are not affected by what we do in other countries... we can solve our problems AND look after our friends in other countries.

In 2007 the war in Iraq was costing the UK 1 billion a year. That' our taxpayers money paying for that. If we didn't have to pay for it we could put into other areas like the NHS.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

we fought that alone with USA. a justified war we would have the support of other nations. Also we didn't need to stay in Iraq as long as we did...

last year Vodafone were let off 6billion in tax. They are not the only company or super rich individuals to avoid paying tax. People excuse this becuase big business is "good for the economy".
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

i dont agree that the lybia intervention gets compared to the uk participation in iraq.. for lybia there is huge reception f.e resolution of the uno and so on .. iraq was just the us and blair jumped on board..
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

bit weird, this...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/ma ... her-murder

isn't their first priority to defend themselves?
Ivika
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Ivika »