LIBYA !!

- open
dav.id
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: LIBYA !!

Post by dav.id »

roland wrote:what the fck is going on?
A lot of major events are happening since few years. I hope it's for the best.
tabula rasa
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

finally uno interferes..

germany, russia and china abstain from voting..
dav.id
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dav.id »

let's go for a new war, champions :(
tabula rasa
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

this makes me real ill :(
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

Marcus Stork wrote:
PsyTox wrote:people who believe that probably also believe santa claus is an actual person.
What do you mean? :shock:
Sorry Marcus. I hope you also know about the Freggles...

(oops, did it again).

What a joke, now that our friend Kadaffi (after all, he bought the belgian weapons that he's shooting the rebels with, so he must be a friend) is winning and doesn't need air support anymore, now the Coalition Of The Doubting is getting their ass into gear. Unbelievable. It's a damn shame that a genocide is taking place under our noses and the world stands by idle. I'm ashamed for the 'politicians'.
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

PsyTox wrote:
Marcus Stork wrote:
PsyTox wrote:people who believe that probably also believe santa claus is an actual person.
What do you mean? :shock:
Sorry Marcus. I hope you also know about the Freggles...

(oops, did it again).

What a joke, now that our friend Kadaffi (after all, he bought the belgian weapons that he's shooting the rebels with, so he must be a friend) is winning and doesn't need air support anymore, now the Coalition Of The Doubting is getting their azz into gear. Unbelievable. It's a damn shame that a genocide is taking place under our noses and the world stands by idle. I'm ashamed for the 'politicians'.
It is a shame yes, I really think genocide is a terrible thing and what Gadaffy Duck was doing is absolutely inhumane.

Though I hope that this way more and more people will realize how corrupt and dysfunctional our political systems and politicians are. I hope that people will rise against this and will push for a new for of public governing.
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

Can't really say why they are not doing anything about it but I am sure there are good reasons behind the inaction. Its easy to sit back and say that something should be done because what is happening is immoral but taking action without being prepared for all possible outcomes would be foolish.

There could be lots of reasons they are not going in. It could be that they simply do not have the resources to commit at this time. There are some wars going on out there.

We keep hearing on the news that the world leaders are not so sure about the rebel's leadership or intentions. This is probably an simplified explanation for the public. I think they are worried about further instability in north africa at this time. There are a lot of shitty, unstable countries around there. Until recently Libya has offered some degree of stability, a buffer if you will, to the nations of the south, especially Sudan. What happens if the rebels take out Gadaffi with no real leadership to replace him. That kind of situation could lead to civil war or who knows what.

Also, what happens if Gaddafi were to launch a retaliatory strike at a NATO member country? An act of war like that would require the NATO countries to act in accordance with the treaty.

The whole thing could get out of hand pretty quick. In a perfect world we could find a way to create a somewhat planned and controlled implosion of the country but this uprising was probably spontaneous enough that it caught everyone unprepared. Although I am sure there is a hefty Libyan desk in most nations intelligence agencies there has been so much happening lately that I bet things are stretched pretty thin.

Who knows what the deal is...

As for America's part... they are damned if they do and damned if they don't. Had things gone the other way everyone would be moaning and groaning about those trigger happy Americans and their willingness to take military action at the drop of a dime. The first time some civilians get killed in an airstrike it will be plastered all over the arab media... not to mention back in the states where you will have liberal protesters all over the place waving signs trying to stop the another war. Then we would have to listen to Micheal Moore on CNN complaining about how disappointed in Obama he is and blah, blah, blah.... you know how it goes.
ChrisCV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ChrisCV »

PsyTox wrote:
people who believe that probably also believe santa claus is an actual person.
people who believe in that believe in aliens from outer space building pyramids and tings.. innit...

The truth is out there..