QUESTION: Audio CD or Data CD for mp3 tracks?

- open
spage
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

QUESTION: Audio CD or Data CD for mp3 tracks?

Post by spage »

guys, for years now I have been buying my music as 320K mp3 tracks from the usual dance music web-sites. As I DJ with CD decks I'll usually burn just 1 track on it's own per CD and I burn this as an audio CD.

It occurd to me that I could also choose to burn the track as a Data Disc - apart from being able to fit more tracks onto a disc by burning as a Data Disc (which is of no relevance to me since I'll only ever burn a max of about 3 tracks, basically an EP, to a dsic) what are the pro's & cons of doing this?

I ask because mp3 aren't WAV's and therefore would burning an MP3 track as an audio CD have any significant effect?

Also I can see the added bonus of buring as an audio CD over burning as a data disc that only certain CD decks and CD players will play your disc, if you burn as audio disc, within reason, every CD player regardless should recognise and play the audio.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

I've seen quite a few times dj-friends having problems with their data burnt cd's.
I always used to burn 8-10 tracks (audio) per cd.
spage
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by spage »

So you're an audio burning guy too, ok. I was wondering if there would be any loss in sound quality?
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

spage wrote:So you're an audio burning guy too, ok. I was wondering if there would be any loss in sound quality?
I was.

Any loss in sound quality, because of?
spage
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by spage »

Sorry, because of burning an mp3 track to audio? you cna burn as data discs and audio discs and I wondered if there was a difference other than space saving?
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

spage wrote:Sorry, because of burning an mp3 track to audio? you cna burn as data discs and audio discs and I wondered if there was a difference other than space saving?
No, not that I know of.
LouisVee
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by LouisVee »

There was a tipycal 'Wavs vs Mp3' thread one or two month ago and this question came up.
I think only one person said you lose quality while converting a 320k mp3 to a Wav (Audio CD), and all the rest said you lose nothing...
spage
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by spage »

Ok then, most people I know / hear of burm their high quality mp3's to a disc via audio Cd function, so I guess it has to be fine.