HELP ME: Want to record DJ sets . . .

- open
spage
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

HELP ME: Want to record DJ sets . . .

Post by spage »

until recently I had a Creative Zen plus which had a line-in function and I could record my Dj sets at 128K (not great I know) onto the device.

I've now got about £160 to spend on a new device. I am not interested in recording staight to a laptop / PC, I need a device that allows me to record in WAV and will connect via RED / WHITE connectors to my mixers output, i don't mind if the device requires a flash card.

Can anyone help with some recommendatnos?
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jackbrazzo »

reddie
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by reddie »

yeah jack that's great. I so need one of these.
i'm not satisfied with recording a mix internal traktor, hate this. my last mix sounds raw and dirty which annoys the hell out of me. :x
imagine recording the sound through my ecler nuo 4. damn.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

reddie wrote:yeah jack that's great. I so need one of these.
i'm not satisfied with recording a mix internal traktor, hate this. my last mix sounds raw and dirty which annoys the hell out of me. :x
Why don't you record the output from the mixer into traktor then?
spage
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by spage »

jackbrazzo, thank you for the suggestion, however, I read some of the specs and it seems that it records to it's own "lossless" format? Is that right? it doesn't record straight to MP3 or WAV?

I have been thinking about getting this, the M Audio Microtrack 2:

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/MicroTrackII.html

Any opinions?
spage
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by spage »

jackbrazzo, thank you for the suggestion, however, I read some of the specs and it seems that it records to it's own format? Is that right? it doesn't record straight to MP3 or WAV? Also is this format "lossless?"

I have been thinking about getting this, the M Audio Microtrack 2:

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/MicroTrackII.html

Any opinions?
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

reddie wrote:yeah jack that's great. I so need one of these.
? traktor records perfectly in WAV. Just connect your Ecler's rec output to the input of the Audio8 and make sure the recording doesn't clip, and you're set to go. If it sounded distorted, I think you did something wrong :)
reddie
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by reddie »

I've tried with audacity and sound forge, by connecting rec out and mic on the laptop. I don't have a midi controller but I use a Fast Track Pro & Nuo 4. I do all the necessary settings for a smooth recording but still no good. The result is very loud and very noisy. and i'm no rookie with these things either. I believe Asus microphone has malfunction.
I've come to conclusion that I must order one of these recorders if I want a quality recording.
Last edited by reddie on Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.