PioneerDJM 800 Mixer being used in Panorama Bar.

- open
eggnchips
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by eggnchips »

[quote="cloutier"]

me, personally, the formula sound is amazing, but its really not reaching its full potential when its not used with an entire funktion one rig. /quote]

These mixers are great and that's why Funktion One choose to recommend them. I think any decent rig will bring out the full potential of this mixer.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Love the Pioneer 800. If I was going to upgrade I would choose it over the A+H.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

cloutier wrote:formula sound mixers, however, are totally the bomb, but only if they're paired with an entirely funktion one setup (which pbar is).
pbar has been using Meyer sound for quite a few years (as far as I know).

Anyways, a&h92 and djm800 sound more or less the same to me.
I love both mixers, they each have their pros and cons.
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

DjM-800 isn't exactly bad, it's a nice machine for rugged blasting at a party. But for home, where I tend to do more subtle mixing, I prefer my Xone:62 ...
The Formula Sound is awesome though. I kinda like the design too, very simple, straight forward and rugged looking :)

Anyway, I can understand why you would find it a bit sad why they would put a Pioneer there, but it's pretty common that a certain dj prefers a certain mixer. And as a promotor, it's a must to follow a rider as good as you can... even if that means putting a pioneer mixer on a funktion1 soundsystem which kinda kills the whole purpose of paying so much for a top notch PA. But hey, these days many dj's play with low quality mp3's and poorly mastered tracks, so I'm not suprised. Although the DJM-800 sounds good in my books. The DJM-600 is a big chunk of crap though :)

I'm mostly amazed how few "professional" dj's can work properly with a mixer. Often enough they run it heavily in red or over-eq a certain range... almost no dj's know (or care) how to adjust settings for an equalizer on the PA. When we did our stage last year, we spent two hours adjusting everything to make the F1 sound perfect, but we were only on the final day of the festival, so the 15 dj's from the day before hadn't even bothered / didn't hear it. I mean, that's just sad.
ChrisCV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ChrisCV »

you're all racist...

how can you discriminate lights on the basis of their colour?

every light should have an equal and fair chance to light up regardless of its colour.

props to pioneer for putting more red and yellow lights on their mixer. and props to the DJs that light up every light with no thought to their colour.

PS...i can't tell the difference between the sound of a DJM or Xones... i'm sure there are so many other parts of the chain that can fck the sound up...

as for usabilty... the DJM wins hands down... xone mixers whilst good are not as versatile as the DJMs... the layout is clear, the workflow is clear... its uncomplicated and very well thought out...

as for formula sound mixers... they may sound good (i've never been able to tell the difference)... but usability wise they're pretty poor... plus whenever i've played on one they've always seemed to be completely battered... maybe its a testament that its still there... but i just hate playing on FS mixers..
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jackbrazzo »

I went on a Perlonised night a year ago, the atmosphere was superb. I didnt once check the mixer or speakers I was to busy looking at the visuals and music.

Cmon guys lighten up and enjoy the music. Who cares what mixer its played out of.
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jackbrazzo »

You only need a 3 band eq imo. The A and H's are good but you only need the 3 knobs.
lejockey
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by lejockey »

The pioneers aren't sh!t. I played on an 800 once a month over the summer and they always sounded fantastic. Ecler are great too, and allen and heath. The difference in sound between them is so SO slight. Compared to the acoustic effects of the room in a club, the difference in mastering between tracks, the difference your mood at the time will make (eg the difference between lsitening to music stoned, and listening hungover), there are so many other factors that play SUCH a bigger part in the perceived sound quality that if DJ wants to perform on an 800, let him perform on an 800.