PioneerDJM 800 Mixer being used in Panorama Bar.

- open
spage
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by spage »

Combe wrote:I often use Pioneer mixers (in France there are everywhere, contrary to A&H), the DJM 300 (I have one), 500, 600 are total crap. EQs are horrible. The only thing that differenciate them to cheap mixers like Gemini is that there are more solid.
DJM 700, 800 are ok, but EQs does not equal Xone 92 (only A&H I tried).
Ecler Nuo are nice, I prefer these mixers to Pioneers DJM, in terms of sound.
Best mixer I ever tried is the Vestax PMC-CX (I have one), awesome, EQs are stunning.

If you want lots of effects : take Pioneer
If you want the sound : Rodec, Vestax, A&H, Rane, etc.
What a load of boolox I own a DJM 300 and it's been a wonderful mixer, I reckon you're just a crap DJ who doesn't know his ass from his EQ.
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

spage wrote:
Combe wrote:I often use Pioneer mixers (in France there are everywhere, contrary to A&H), the DJM 300 (I have one), 500, 600 are total crap. EQs are horrible. The only thing that differenciate them to cheap mixers like Gemini is that there are more solid.
Best mixer I ever tried is the Vestax PMC-CX (I have one), awesome, EQs are stunning.

What a load of boolox I own a DJM 300 and it's been a wonderful mixer, I reckon you're just a crap DJ who doesn't know his azz from his EQ.
...or you know sh!t about proper mixers :P
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

i like my old DJM-500.
i always seem to play better on pioneer or vestex mixers.
infernal.techno
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by infernal.techno »

Pioneer, Allen & Heath, and Urei mixers are my favorite. I've had two Vestax mixers (pmc07 + pvc275) and they eventually both turned to rubbish. the sound was always less than stellar.

if somebody wanted a Pioneer DJM800, i don't see the big deal. honestly, channel faders on mixers like the Formula Sound (and even Allen & Heath) suck for quick fader slamming. i would rather have a rotary knob if that was an option.
- matt
CBLVSN
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by CBLVSN »

A sound tech once told me that pioneers are harder to work with on a soundsystem since its all digital and that Allen & Heath or any analogue mixer is easier to work. Personally I cant tell the difference but when you're out having a good time along with a few beers in you. I highly doubt you would care what mixer the dj is using.
spage
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by spage »

PsyTox wrote:
spage wrote:

What a load of boolox I own a DJM 300 and it's been a wonderful mixer, I reckon you're just a crap DJ who doesn't know his azz from his EQ.
...or you know sh!t about proper mixers :P
No I just think you're up your own 'arris.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

are you guys still discussing this?
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: PioneerDJM 800 Mixer being used in Panorama Bar.

Post by roland »

was kinda hard to find this threat without search function but i knew it was there and finally it worked out :D

so i'm gonna buy myself a new mixer.. i used to have a djm-600 which is imo one big piece of sh!t..

so prieces now are like

xone92: € 1200,-
xone62: € 890,-
xone42: € 700,-

djm-800: €1330,-
djm-700: €730,-

so the xone92 and the djm800 are for me to expensive since it's only for home use..

i'm aswell not really considering the xone62 because i have never seen one and i don't like the 4 band eq's, the line faders, and the level leds..

so it's mainly djm700 vs xone42 for me... (since i can test the 42 from friends i bought the djm700 on thomann.de due to the 30days money back thing, and now i'm testing it)..

lots of friends do have the 42 and i played on it a lot.. it's a nice mixer which sounds great imo.. the only little thing is that i don't like the line faders.. especially that you just start hearing the track when the fader is already 50%-60% up.. everything mainly happens in between the last quarter of the linefadercurve.. of course tho the filter sounds very nice and i like the all kill on the eq's ..

as for the sound i can only say what i subjectively feel.. so with the xone i feel that the track beeing mixed in sneaks kinda passively in and it sounds pretty decent..

one negative thing about the djm-700 or rather pioneer mixers in general is that if i kill the bass with the eq, i lose 2-3 leds on the level.. never had that with an allen and heath.. on the djm-600 the overall level strongly dropped everytime you turned down the bass eq.. it's by for not as bad as with the 600.. (i play at home with two krk rokit, no subwoofer,)...

and if you use the filter the volume level aswell goes 1-2 leds up.. furthermore the filter is not as nice as the one on the xone..
i actually favour the djm a little bit tho since i had good experiences with djm800 mixers in clubs and the 700 should be the same soundwise..

i feel that the track beeing mixed in with a pioneer doesn't come in as passively as on the xone.. and if you mix in tracks pretty fastly and cut things in f.e i felt more comfortable on the 800.. on pioneer mixers it often sounds pretty good if you come in with something pretty fastly as on the otherhand i find it harder to make it sound good on a xone.. i aswell prefer the line fader curve of the pioneer mixers..

so i'm gonna have this thing tested and post my experiences with it.. i'd be happy to receive some of your thoughts about the differences of those mixers too..