FFS it only took a day

- open
wax works
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by wax works »

lejockey wrote:he should buy it because it is for sale and if he doesnt buy it it is theft. and illegal and he has no right to own it. there is nothing you can say to make me think any differently.
I'm not saying it isn't and you are missing the point in my post.

I can download 10 new albums for free, or I can buy them, I get the same 10 albums either way.. why should I buy them?
So that I feel better about myself? So that I'm helping an artist I do not know?

Can't you see that as long as you are delivering the same product as the pirates, people will steal the tunes, because there is no benefit whatsoever to the consumer when buying digital.
Maiyal
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Maiyal »

iainkerr7 wrote: Can't you see that as long as you are delivering the same product as the pirates, people will steal the tunes, because there is no benefit whatsoever to the consumer when buying digital.
People should seriously realize that if an artist is trying to sell their music, but doesn't because everyone downloads it illegally, the musician will most likely stop making music. So, if there really is that music that you enjoy, you should support the artist and think about what would happen if ABSOLUTELY nobody paid for music.
wax works
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by wax works »

Maiyal wrote:
iainkerr7 wrote: Can't you see that as long as you are delivering the same product as the pirates, people will steal the tunes, because there is no benefit whatsoever to the consumer when buying digital.
People should seriously realize that if an artist is trying to sell their music, but doesn't because everyone downloads it illegally, the musician will most likely stop making music. So, if there really is that music that you enjoy, you should support the artist and think about what would happen if ABSOLUTELY nobody paid for music.
BUT that is never going to happen, and if you continue to wait for it to happen then you will be proved right.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Yeah you should want to support the artist. Its just a moral issue really. If you care then you will support and if you don't then you wont.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

iainkerr7 wrote:
lejockey wrote:he should buy it because it is for sale and if he doesnt buy it it is theft. and illegal and he has no right to own it. there is nothing you can say to make me think any differently.
I'm not saying it isn't and you are missing the point in my post.

I can download 10 new albums for free, or I can buy them, I get the same 10 albums either way.. why should I buy them?
So that I feel better about myself? So that I'm helping an artist I do not know?

Can't you see that as long as you are delivering the same product as the pirates, people will steal the tunes, because there is no benefit whatsoever to the consumer when buying digital.
Still, why don't you steal all the food etc from the supermarket? It's very easy to get away with it, many do it everyday, every second all over the world. What's the difference?
You can get free food, but you still buy it (I guess).
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Yep. I have loads of mates that steal from the supermarkets. I know of one person who has never done a food shop in his life. He lives in a squat in London and steals his food from the supermarket bins at night. He is a producer too.
wax works
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by wax works »

I wouldn't steal form the supermarket incase I got caught.

When I have downloaded form the internet in the past, I have never been caught. I don't download a lot though, maybe 1 or 2 films a month?

Just to clarify here btw, I play vinyl and buy all of my vinyl & the only mp3 I have are ones I have paid for.

but if I played digitally, there isn't really anything other than morals to stop me from stealing all my music, and as long as that is the case people will continue to do it.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

iainkerr7 wrote:I wouldn't steal form the supermarket incase I got caught.

When I have downloaded form the internet in the past, I have never been caught. I don't download a lot though, maybe 1 or 2 films a month?

Just to clarify here btw, I play vinyl and buy all of my vinyl & the only mp3 I have are ones I have paid for.

but if I played digitally, there isn't really anything other than morals to stop me from stealing all my music, and as long as that is the case people will continue to do it.
You can also get caught stealing on the internet, you have heard those stories right? And IF the government changed the laws, then your ISP knows EVERYTHING you're doing on the internet (but they of course don't want to act like big brother, because you're their customer, giving them money), so it would be no problem tracking down what you download.

Again, tons of people never get caught stealing food/etc every single day.

But you're right, of course it's about morals, that's what I wanted you to say all the time ;)