FFS it only took a day

- open
lejockey
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

FFS it only took a day

Post by lejockey »

I wrote a remix of an ed maddams track for remot recordings which came out on monday on beatport and is now on blog sites like this for free

http://www.electrobuzz.net/deep-house/e ... more-24910

It makes me cross.

Sorry, just needed to vent
ChrisCV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ChrisCV »

thanks for the link!!

downloading now!
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

oh, it's the same for all of us mate, I had a release coming out 21/01 and the same night it was up on some Ukraine website. It's only been released on Beatport and whoever bought it just threw the tracks online straightaway. Pretty depressing that some people have zero respect for music anymore.
Nothing you can do about it really... I've just signed the label for a major distributor so I'll just concentrate on the vinyl, at least that gives me a sense of pride instead of a bad taste in my mouth everytime I see my music on blogs like that.

Feels good to vent :lol:
lejockey
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by lejockey »

@ PsyTox yeah vinyl seems a safe way to go in terms of piracy :)

I just wish people would stop and think about the consequences of posting music for free but I also sadly realise that it is a problem that is here to stay and some things, like human nature, will invariably stay the same
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

at least if you sell all your vinyls, you dont care if the track is on some blogs later on, cause you made your cut ..

wit mp3, you always think, hm i could have made more money.
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

PsyTox wrote:oh, it's the same for all of us mate, I had a release coming out 21/01 and the same night it was up on some Ukraine website. It's only been released on Beatport and whoever bought it just threw the tracks online straightaway. Pretty depressing that some people have zero respect for music anymore.
Nothing you can do about it really... I've just signed the label for a major distributor so I'll just concentrate on the vinyl, at least that gives me a sense of pride instead of a bad taste in my mouth everytime I see my music on blogs like that.

Feels good to vent :lol:
you're going vinyl only? if so, that's nice! :)
Ciaran_
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ciaran_ »

PsyTox wrote:oh, it's the same for all of us mate, I had a release coming out 21/01 and the same night it was up on some Ukraine website. It's only been released on Beatport and whoever bought it just threw the tracks online straightaway.
This is just ludicrous, when buying tracks, I wanna buy music others don't have, or don't know about etc. So then posting it immediately seems to defeat the point in that too, as well as the point in disrespecting author.

Don't know what these idiots think to be honest
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

What a load of sh!t. Mother fuckers can't fork out $1.89 for a track. Bullshit.