Opinion on a purchase please

- open
lowpassfellow
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Opinion on a purchase please

Post by lowpassfellow »

I've been looking to set myself up with a pair of Technics turntables again. I regrettably sold mine when I relocated from South Africa to Switzerland.

Anyhow, I've found a pair of SL-1210 Mk5's with a Pioneer DJM-400 all built into a custom box. The dude wants 1300 euros for it. It's in splendid condition and been meticulously looked after.

Your opinion, is it worth the cost? Should I be a bit more patient and look for something else?

juhokusti
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Opinion on a purchase please

Post by juhokusti »

lowpassfellow wrote:I've been looking to set myself up with a pair of Technics turntables again. I regrettably sold mine when I relocated from South Africa to Switzerland.

Anyhow, I've found a pair of SL-1210 Mk5's with a Pioneer DJM-400 all built into a custom box. The dude wants 1300 euros for it. It's in splendid condition and been meticulously looked after.

Your opinion, is it worth the cost? Should I be a bit more patient and look for something else?

I'd rather ditch the djm-400 and only pay for the technics. that mixer will break down plus it's like a toy to handle and don't even mention the sound quality. but I guess it's worth it depending on the box it's all built in. if it's a solid flight case type than I think it's quite a standard price.
lowpassfellow
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by lowpassfellow »

i've asked about selling the decks separately but unfortunately it's not an option. he wants to sell it complete as he has put a lot of effort in the manufacturing of the case it's in. i have to admit, it's done really well, the photo doesn't really do it justice. arg.. decisions decision.

the cover completely seals and protects both decks and mixer from any movement. i guess it's as good as a typical flight case except more sexy. i have no intention of moving it about as it will be purely used at home in the studio.

thanks for the feedback btw! :)
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

look for other offers and compare them.. imo you'll have troubles finding only 2 mk5's in good shape for that price..
lowpassfellow
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by lowpassfellow »

roland wrote:look for other offers and compare them.. imo you'll have troubles finding only 2 mk5's in good shape for that price..
so I take that this is a good deal then? :) i've been looking around on ebay.de, ebay.co.uk and it seems like this is worthwhile considering the DJM-400 and the neat case mod. i'll continue to trawl the net and see what else i can find. spending 1300 bucks in this climate one needs to be certain that it's a good deal.

what we do in the name of music eh? :)
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

do it, do it now!

the mixer isn't bad.
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

lowpassfellow wrote:
roland wrote:look for other offers and compare them.. imo you'll have troubles finding only 2 mk5's in good shape for that price..
so I take that this is a good deal then? :) i've been looking around on ebay.de, ebay.co.uk and it seems like this is worthwhile considering the DJM-400 and the neat case mod. i'll continue to trawl the net and see what else i can find. spending 1300 bucks in this climate one needs to be certain that it's a good deal.

what we do in the name of music eh? :)
if you don't like the mixer you won't have problems selling it on your own..

in fact if you decide in 2 years that you don't want the turns either you can sell them aswell.. there is really no risk in buying this equipment.. it won't loos any value if you treat it right..

on our local board a guy just sold 2 mk5's for 1600€
trak660
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by trak660 »

I say buy it. It's a good deal.
You could probably fit a Xone 22 in there if Pioneer is not your style.