Funktion One's owner on why they're the best

- open
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

FF6000 is cool as fck, too bad it also costs an arm and a leg. Still, prefer the A&H Xone62 & 92. I kinda like simple mixers that don't look like you're in a friggin cockpit.
Just heard we're getting our Funktion One setup again this year on the coincidence events we're doing, so already sure it's going to be a very nice summer :)
Evad
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Evad »

i'm starting to 'dislike' the xone series. too much chinese parts in it with the well known consequences... i can tell, i have a xone 42 at home.
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

Evad Streaklov wrote:i'm starting to 'dislike' the xone series. too much chinese parts in it with the well known consequences... i can tell, i have a xone 42 at home.
me too, but I haven't had any problems yet. what's wrong with your one?
apanell
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by apanell »

i like his hair tail
don't forget that he's pushing his own company and products. i wouldn't say that his opinion is 100% nonbiased. though, he's probably right about most things.
Evad
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Evad »

Kiani wrote:
Evad Streaklov wrote:i'm starting to 'dislike' the xone series. too much chinese parts in it with the well known consequences... i can tell, i have a xone 42 at home.
me too, but I haven't had any problems yet. what's wrong with your one?
hi pass filter is kaput and the crossfader broke (but repaired that one myself already)
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

apanell wrote:i like his hair tail
don't forget that he's pushing his own company and products. i wouldn't say that his opinion is 100% nonbiased. though, he's probably right about most things.
Exactly!
Michael^Heaven
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re:

Post by Michael^Heaven »

Good video. He's definitely spot on regarding acoustics in clubs. Speaker placement & interior overall at some venues have me scratching my head sometimes.
"So knives out
Cook him up
Squash his head
Put him in the pot "-jz
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

I really like this guy and i agree with much of what he says but just can't agree that all analogue sound is better then digital. I own many records for which I possess digital duplicates. I have no doubt that most of the digital recordings I have are better then the vinyl copies.

I feel that I must clarify the fact that I own few of of my vinyl record tracks in both mp3 and 24 bit wav versions. I would be surprised if many people do. Still, i have to say from my own experience that digital usually sounds better and the difference is negligible although I have to admit I have not been playing on huge, expensive sound systems at world famous clubs. Perhaps if I had that chance I would view these matters differently. Given my experiences I have found that most often 24 bit 96000 waves sound better then any record I have heard.

I have a pretty decent sound interface and I have friends with exceptionally good professional sound systems so I like to think I know what sounds good but I think once you reach a certain point it becomes somewhat of a moot point because your sound is really no better then that which is capable of being reproduced by the consumer/audience you wish to reach.