Funktion One's owner on why they're the best

- open
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

i have a bad feeling everytime i play with needles that i dont know.

like someone pulls out a dusty turntable from some storage room and i have to play with that needles my 50 € vinyl which i bought one day befor on discogs ..

i take the 2 minutes to setup my own needles, i think its worth it :D
prussell
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by prussell »

cloutier wrote:funny about the needles...
appalling that most places in the states ask you to bring your own needles
Like tonight? :P
JNX
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JNX »

cloutier wrote: and sh!t, i remember back in the day you brought your own needles AND slipmaps, and when you were done and the next dude was on, you straight up took your sh!t off and left them with nothing, and if they didn't have needles or mats, they looked like a fool.
:lol: So true.
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

cloutier wrote:apparently most of europe is down with supplying everything. back in ol' dirty detroit, we sure as fck didn't help you with sh!t!
that's actually completely true, haha. Although I always bring my own needles simply because those in the club are usually crap or worn out. And slipmats too...
Some dj's arrive without a headphone or without the little "adapter tip" for the headphone, now that's just asking for a beating :lol:
ChrisCV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ChrisCV »

i always bring my own needles too... some of the crap you get is not worth the risk...
lowpassfellow
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by lowpassfellow »

cloutier wrote:headphone mixin' time!
this used to be my prime source when mixing. when i used to play out, not once did I ever encounter a good monitor setup. i always dropped the level right down on the monitors and used my trusty 'phones.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

lowpassfellow wrote:
cloutier wrote:headphone mixin' time!
this used to be my prime source when mixing. when i used to play out, not once did I ever encounter a good monitor setup. i always dropped the level right down on the monitors and used my trusty 'phones.
The problem with this method, is that I don't feel part of the party.
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

patrick bateman wrote: The problem with this method, is that I don't feel part of the party.
it`s just such a classic when there is no sound and the deejay doesn`t recognize cause he has his headphones on =)))