Funktion One's owner on why they're the best

- open
jessejakob
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by jessejakob »

cloutier wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:As I wrote in another thread some weeks ago, I found it sad to listen to vinyl dj's the last couple of months here in Copenhagen because of all the feedback, but okay, if you guys really like the feedback from the vinyls, then okay. I guess we just have different taste then :)
if they're getting feedback and a vibrational hum while playing in phono, their decks are total sh!t, and they're clearly not isolated in any way from the system or the room.

that happens like...one in a hundred times that i play, and its fairly easy to remedy with some foam.

This happened this Saturday with Dan Bell...was a simple fix though.

from here on out, anybody I book that plays vinyl will have an opener that plays the same.
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

jessejakob wrote: This happened this Saturday with Dan Bell...was a simple fix though.

from here on out, anybody I book that plays vinyl will have an opener that plays the same.
i still find it absolutely remarkable that there's people out there that play with traktor scratch / serato and they don't carry like...five other records with them.

they sure come in handy when you need to reboot, figure out a problem, or...hey...switch from one laptop to another.
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

cloutier wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:As I wrote in another thread some weeks ago, I found it sad to listen to vinyl dj's the last couple of months here in Copenhagen because of all the feedback, but okay, if you guys really like the feedback from the vinyls, then okay. I guess we just have different taste then :)
if they're getting feedback and a vibrational hum while playing in phono, their decks are total sh!t, and they're clearly not isolated in any way from the system or the room.

that happens like...one in a hundred times that i play, and its fairly easy to remedy with some foam.
well as you saw in the other thread, it seems to be more common than what you write :) Please remember that I don't care what medium the DJ use, I just want good music, and not vibration/feedback.
Michael^Heaven
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re:

Post by Michael^Heaven »

Regarding feedback...I never really noticed any feedback coming from club systems back in the '90's. Currently, do you think that feedback is a result of vinyl being played on newer digital systems?
"So knives out
Cook him up
Squash his head
Put him in the pot "-jz
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re:

Post by patrick bateman »

Michael^Heaven wrote:Regarding feedback...I never really noticed any feedback coming from club systems back in the '90's. Currently, do you think that feedback is a result of vinyl being played on newer digital systems?
I've heard it tons of times since the early 90ties, all over the world, in various degrees.
juhokusti
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by juhokusti »

shouldn't a feedback problem be solved before anyone even starts playing? I bet there is enough time to check that everything is working before you start the night, no? At least, that's what we're used to doing here in Helsinki.
lejockey
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by lejockey »

the guy makes some very good points, but he is pushing his own brand. the part where he is going on about loudspeaker efficiency, ie db/watt @ x meters is very misleading. More effecient doesnt neceserilly mean better sound quality.

Interesting article though