mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

ok sorry, my fault :D
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

john clees wrote:
roland wrote:. no one can live from producing it..
kind of a specific and very scary sentence.... but as I've said before.. I think in the end the vinyl / mp3's are promotional tools, and the shows at the venue's are the money makers...

I hate it when people see it like this.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

Themis wrote:its available for 100 €, only one insane guy charges 1k ..
holy sh!t...that's great...

a white label I pressed with only 100 copies I found on discogs for like 100+ US .. then a year or so later it was for $20..

so thats more humorous rather than realistic.. meaning that is just some imaginary figure someone puts out there...
aut.t.n wrote:
on the other hand, what is reasonable? .
$20 with shipping is wishful thinking : $20 for a fantastic record I think is reasonable plus shipping. that may be a slight on the tax side by just for conversation sake and one jefferson : is very reasonable.. and perhaps for something new and not something the is a complete collector's piece..

also, this is someone's collection of art & music for god sake. look at all the people who go pay $700 for a golf club... haha
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

john clees wrote:
roland wrote:. no one can live from producing it..
kind of a specific and very scary sentence.... but as I've said before.. I think in the end the vinyl / mp3's are promotional tools, and the shows at the venue's are the money makers...
of course it is scary .. but from my observations next generations won't value music like we do.. so they aren't willing to pay the prices we do.. and that producers cant make a living from it is just a consequence of this development..

for lots of artist the shows can of course be the money makers.. but it also forces guys which are mainly producers to give dj gigs.. and this lowers the overall quality of deejaying :/

i could name a dozen of great producers who were giving dj gigs to make some money and it was nothing but a shame..
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

roland wrote:. but from my observations next generations won't value music like we do..

i could name a dozen of great producers who were giving dj gigs to make some money and it was nothing but a shame..
a lot of truth in that...
::BLM:: wrote:I hate it when people see it like this.
trust me it's not that I want to.. especially when I talk to some older cats from detroit and the money they used to make off just pressing vinyl alone..

I just think it's more of a standard in today's economy that someone would have to in order to survive on just music alone... take gigs and do shows.

perhaps it's no wonder you see techno artist doing pop music.. lol
imaginaryforces
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by imaginaryforces »

Simple answer is.. it depends on how much you want it.
The elevation of filth gives birth to the atheology of the biological continuum…

http://entropyandenergy.wordpress.com
http://imaginaryforces.bandcamp.com
thefunnel
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by thefunnel »

tone-def wrote:i think all new records should be the same price. all these cunts who think their music is worth twice as much as everyone elses will end up killing vinyl. I'm not paying £14 for a new record just because it's moodymann. fck that! you greedy mother fucker!
this

I've skipped some records I'd like to own simply because I refuse to pay more than $13 (pre-shipping) for a record. And single-siders going for that are even more ridiculous.

Considering I'm in the States, and almost all of our great labels ship /press everything to Europe, it makes buying vinyl expensive. The last few Phonica and Juno orders I've made have cost an average of $14.50 for each record. Sucks, but there's still some killer releases coming out as vinyl exclusives.

I do like FXHE and UQ for doing mail order stuff for reasonable prices domestically. Jus-Ed prices most of his records $7-8 with nominal shipping. Omar is similar. I also check on discogs for producers like Disco Nihilist who charges just $7 and a couple bucks for shipping. Dude even shipped me doubles free of charge since I've been buying up all his releases and rinsing them consistently at my bigger events.

But yeah, fck Moody and Theo, frankly.