what it means to be a musician...

- open
kujoma
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kujoma »

You have to put all youre positiv energies in producing and sound engeneering. Youre moods and all that stuff. If you GET THIS youre (and youre music) is good. (I'd say so)
sohrab
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by sohrab »

midi wrote:if planning to be a dj is just djing, it´s like being an interpreter but not a musician in fact. it´s like when someone writes a song and someone else performs it.
not anyone can perform the songs in the best way.just listen to Northen exposure vol 1,if these tracks were given to another dj,could it be like this?its not interpreting man
zkreso
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by zkreso »

A producer is more like a composer, while a DJ is more of a conductor, if you want to use classical music terms.
Der geile Ami
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Der geile Ami »

sohrab wrote:
midi wrote:if planning to be a dj is just djing, it´s like being an interpreter but not a musician in fact. it´s like when someone writes a song and someone else performs it.
not anyone can perform the songs in the best way.just listen to Northen exposure vol 1,if these tracks were given to another dj,could it be like this?its not interpreting man
actually, ne1 was done on a computer using edited songs. So, its defintely their work, but doesnt quite work in the context of a live dj set.
freeeeeee
sohrab
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by sohrab »

Der geile Ami wrote:actually, ne1 was done on a computer using edited songs. So, its defintely their work, but doesnt quite work in the context of a live dj set.
really?!I didn't know that,it was 1997!
Jesse Somfay
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Jesse Somfay »

For me, being a musician has nothing to do with all the technicalities...they are useful as tools, but that's not what it means to be a musician for me. For me being a musician holds the meaning of just doing it out of love and the desire to express myself in a language far beyond the reach of words.

It's simply about doing it out of love and expression without a care for fitting any mold. That's what it means for me. To speak freely with vibrations.
Der geile Ami
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Der geile Ami »

sohrab wrote:
Der geile Ami wrote:actually, ne1 was done on a computer using edited songs. So, its defintely their work, but doesnt quite work in the context of a live dj set.
really?!I didn't know that,it was 1997!
protools has been around a long time. the first cubase ran on an amiga! It might be with the liner notes or just some interviews, but it was mentioned there were things that just couldnt have been done live and manually at the time (like reversing stuff,etc).
freeeeeee
dncn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dncn »

plaster wrote: ...same as when the dancer becomes the dance or when the music stops be the sound you hear.
G.A.Y.