mnml maxi

Post by loki33 »

wilde renate !
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

juhokusti wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:Watergate, Weekend, Arena, Horst, Suicide Circus, Goldengate, cdv, bar 25 (closed now), Tresor and more. Lot's to choose from.
...Rechenzentrum, Maria, Tape, About : blank...
Rechenzentrum closed last year, no?
wax works
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by wax works »

WillieSmalls wrote:
iainkerr7 wrote:
::BLM:: wrote:you heard Paulie D's track he has made? It's properly sh!t! I quite like that show though, the lines they come out with crack me up.

Anyways it doesn't really matter how you act in the line. I know loads of people that have been refused and they were silent and with one other person. It's just a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
you have just described exactly how it went for me :(

Gutted about it.
You didn't get in? Hope you had a good time anyway, any other decent clubs out there?
Nah man, 2 of my mates got in then me and a friend went up (girl), didn;t say a word in the entire queue, bouncer asked if there was 2 of us we said yes, asked my friend her age, replied with 23. Waited for 10 mins while they stared at us, then just told us no. (this was at 6/7am)

Decided not to go elsewhere as it was more money to spend in Hardwax.

It really is a strange door policy and maybe we were just unlucky, but I think it is sad that the club with the best soundsystem (in europe?) is full of folk who couldn't care less who is playing, they just go because it's Berghain and anything goes inside.
Ciaran_
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ciaran_ »

iainkerr7 wrote:
WillieSmalls wrote:
iainkerr7 wrote:
::BLM:: wrote:you heard Paulie D's track he has made? It's properly sh!t! I quite like that show though, the lines they come out with crack me up.

Anyways it doesn't really matter how you act in the line. I know loads of people that have been refused and they were silent and with one other person. It's just a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Gutted about it.
You didn't get in? Hope you had a good time anyway, any other decent clubs out there?
Nah man, 2 of my mates got in then me and a friend went up (girl), didn;t say a word in the entire queue, bouncer asked if there was 2 of us we said yes, asked my friend her age, replied with 23. Waited for 10 mins while they stared at us, then just told us no. (this was at 6/7am)

It really is a strange door policy and maybe we were just unlucky, but I think it is sad that the club with the best soundsystem (in europe?) is full of folk who couldn't care less who is playing, they just go because it's Berghain and anything goes inside.
I sort of agree. Would you be saying the same if you did get in though? Maybe a lot of people in there had lots of musical knowledge, and not getting in was just the luck of the draw.

Sometimes people who couldn't care less who is playing are the ones partying the hardest and creating the best atmosphere - not to say that the heads wouldn't be enjoying it just as much
wax works
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by wax works »

Ciaran_ wrote:
iainkerr7 wrote:
WillieSmalls wrote:
iainkerr7 wrote:

Gutted about it.

I sort of agree. Would you be saying the same if you did get in though? Maybe a lot of people in there had lots of musical knowledge, and not getting in was just the luck of the draw.

Sometimes people who couldn't care less who is playing are the ones partying the hardest and creating the best atmosphere - not to say that the heads wouldn't be enjoying it just as much
Yeah I have thought about it a lot since Sat, and the folk who are there for the party do create a good buzz.
But I think Berghain, tries to be 'THE' techno club who only let in folk who are 'into' it, when really - they just cater for the alternative folk?

I will be able to make a more informed opinion once I have actually been, but this is how I feel about it at the moment.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

iainkerr7 wrote: Yeah I have thought about it a lot since Sat, and the folk who are there for the party do create a good buzz.
But I think Berghain, tries to be 'THE' techno club who only let in folk who are 'into' it, when really - they just cater for the alternative folk?
I don't think they 'try' to be the best club, they are the best club, but of course they constantly have to keep that position. It is of course annoying when you get rejected at the door, but who is to judge if they let the right people in? I think the door men are better than us, since this is their job, and has been for many years, and trust me, the vibe inside is fantastic (imo).

A club of course needs the right combination of various types of people, including music lovers, the banker, 'alternative' and what not.
A club full of only music enthusiasts would probably be really boring :)
wax works
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by wax works »

patrick bateman wrote:
iainkerr7 wrote: Yeah I have thought about it a lot since Sat, and the folk who are there for the party do create a good buzz.
I don't think they 'try' to be the best club, they are the best club, but of course they constantly have to keep that position. It is of course annoying when you get rejected at the door, but who is to judge if they let the right people in? I think the door men are better than us, since this is their job, and has been for many years, and trust me, the vibe inside is fantastic (imo).

A club of course needs the right combination of various types of people, including music lovers, the banker, 'alternative' and what not.
I know, I'm just majorly dissapointed man and I am trying to convince myself that it would have been rubbish anyway :)

I will go again.. just a bit :cry: right now.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

iainkerr7 wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:

I know, I'm just majorly dissapointed man and I am trying to convince myself that it would have been rubbish anyway :)

I will go again.. just a bit :cry: right now.
Fair enough :)