R.I.P. Technics 1210 ??

- open
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

nah, should be true.. check the shops.. either they aren't available or the prices are higher than ever before..
WillieSmalls
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by WillieSmalls »

Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

haha
Michael^Heaven
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re:

Post by Michael^Heaven »

Panasonic has confirmed that it ceased the production of its Technics-branded analogue turntables this autumn.

After more than 35 years as a leading manufacturer of analogue turntables, Panasonic has regretfully taken the decision to leave this market. However, Panasonic will continue to sell headphones under the Technics brand.

We are sure that retailers and consumers will understand that our product range has to reflect the accelerating transformation of the entire audio market from analogue to digital.

In addition, the number of component suppliers serving the analogue market has dwindled in recent years and we brought forward the decision to leave the market rather than risk being unable to fulfill future orders because of a lack of parts.

Panasonic employees who have been working on the analogue turntable range have been redeployed elsewhere within Panasonic – many of them continuing to work in Panasonic’s Audio Video Business Unit.

http://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=13154
"So knives out
Cook him up
Squash his head
Put him in the pot "-jz
wax works
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by wax works »

Posted this up a few days ago, it's a shame.
Don't think I can afford new ones though.
Michael^Heaven
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re:

Post by Michael^Heaven »

I'm gonna get another pair just to have a spare set. Hopefully new but a decent pair of used ones will work. Plus, people will continue selling their tables in favour of a switch to cdjs &/or digital.
"So knives out
Cook him up
Squash his head
Put him in the pot "-jz
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

iainkerr7 wrote:Posted this up a few days ago, it's a shame.
yeah me neither... right now i have a pair of used ones which i bought 2 years ago.. i paid 500€ for the whole pair.. they work very well but they are around 8 years old.. i'd love to have a new ones but the cheapest offer i could find is 1000€ for both turntables which feels expensive to me cause i actually have a perfectly working pair...
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

roland wrote:
iainkerr7 wrote:Posted this up a few days ago, it's a shame.
yeah me neither... right now i have a pair of used ones which i bought 2 years ago.. i paid 500€ for the whole pair.. they work very well but they are around 8 years old.. i'd love to have a new ones but the cheapest offer i could find is 1000€ for both turntables which feels expensive to me cause i actually have a perfectly working pair...
sell the pair you have now for 5-600 euro, then buy the new pair for 1000 :)