R.I.P. Technics 1210 ??

- open
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

in 2003 i paid £650 for a pair of new mk2's. i think it was £800 for the M3D's.
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

Last year I got a pair of M3D-s real cheap. The good thing is - the idiot who shipped them, basicly had them destroyed. Some people...
BUT I'm going to repair them. fck that.

In the end though I'd like to have the MK5G-s for the digital pitch and +/- 16 !!!
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
jessejames
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jessejames »

I bought a pair of near mint MK5's for $500 (total) a few years back.

From a friend that gave up DJing.

:D
Brian Ffar
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Brian Ffar »

roland wrote:
Brian Ffar wrote:
roland wrote:i don't understand how you can retreat from a market which was ruled from your product for decades..
I'm pretty sure that's what the buggy whip companies said when the automobile first made an appearance on the market.
so you think the cd player is for the turntablemarket what the automobile was for the buggy whip market..

i disagree ..

LOTS of other companies are still producing turntables.. technics should at least be the last company which stops the production..

i'm sure the last buggy whip which was produced back in the day was the 1210 of all buggy whips.. :D
No, I don't think it's CD players specifically that relate to the automobile analogy, but the technology that allows djs to play digital files (cd players, laptops, software, etc.)

As much as I love playing vinyl, the sad truth is that eventually, there won't be enough people around to support the demand for turntables.
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

Brian Ffar wrote:
roland wrote:
Brian Ffar wrote:
roland wrote:i don't understand how you can retreat from a market which was ruled from your product for decades..
I'm pretty sure that's what the buggy whip companies said when the automobile first made an appearance on the market.
so you think the cd player is for the turntablemarket what the automobile was for the buggy whip market..

i disagree ..

LOTS of other companies are still producing turntables.. technics should at least be the last company which stops the production..

i'm sure the last buggy whip which was produced back in the day was the 1210 of all buggy whips.. :D
No, I don't think it's CD players specifically that relate to the automobile analogy, but the technology that allows djs to play digital files (cd players, laptops, software, etc.)

As much as I love playing vinyl, the sad truth is that eventually, there won't be enough people around to support the demand for turntables.
serato? :roll:
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

many clubs don't even have the turntables in the booth anymore, so in time it'll also be a problem for the serato/traktor scratch users. Guess we'll all have to fork over the 4000 euro for two pioneer cd players. Or use controllers *horror*.
Guess I'll have to consider the cdj's or simply stop dj'ing when the turntables dissapear completely. Sad though, after 21 years... my Technics turntables are from 1992 btw 8)
mattburns
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mattburns »

i doubt there'll be any significant change until a couple of generations from now
Upcoming Gigs
Twitch presents Function (Sandwell District) on 16th March in The Empire, Belfast. Support from Matt Burns//Paddy Towe//Phil Lucas.

Twitch presents Lerosa on 9th April in QUBSU with support from Matt Burns//Paddy Towe//NEZ//Phil Lucas
dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dsat »

meanwhile there's no official statement whatsover from panasonic
i think it's just another hoax like last year