R.I.P. Technics 1210 ??

- open
BeatBoxBaby
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by BeatBoxBaby »

Now again after a year... sad though and this time maybe it's true.

Let's hope there's plenty of new decks on stock in may parts of the world, though prices will rise for sure.

Still in circles where quality counts in our kind of music, vinyl will surely remain as a prestige and emblem of lasting production. At least I hope.

Not to mention sound quality, which is a number one reason why vinyl dominated the techno scene. Perhaps Traktor Scratch solves this problem (jingling sound of CDs)...
...:::I Looove this Place:::...
trak660
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by trak660 »

Where are the other articles about this? I'm not sure if this is true.
Brian Ffar
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Brian Ffar »

roland wrote:i don't understand how you can retreat from a market which was ruled from your product for decades..
I'm pretty sure that's what the buggy whip companies said when the automobile first made an appearance on the market.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

i don't think it's true because this is the only website i've seen it.
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

tone-def wrote:i don't think it's true because this is the only website i've seen it.
in my local shop the mk5 is now 900€...

but you`re right, it kinda looks like a rumour again..
Barfunkel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Barfunkel »

WillieSmalls wrote:
trak660 wrote:These days, there are probably more sets of Technics out there than the number of DJs who use them.
True, you can pick up a 2nd hand pair for around £200-£250.
Really? Over here in Finland 2nd hand Technics' cost 350-400€ EACH, and they always go really fast, you gotta buy them immediately when you see them if you want them.
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

Brian Ffar wrote:
roland wrote:i don't understand how you can retreat from a market which was ruled from your product for decades..
I'm pretty sure that's what the buggy whip companies said when the automobile first made an appearance on the market.
so you think the cd player is for the turntablemarket what the automobile was for the buggy whip market..

i disagree ..

LOTS of other companies are still producing turntables.. technics should at least be the last company which stops the production..

i'm sure the last buggy whip which was produced back in the day was the 1210 of all buggy whips.. :D
Ciaran_
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ciaran_ »

Barfunkel wrote:
WillieSmalls wrote:
trak660 wrote:These days, there are probably more sets of Technics out there than the number of DJs who use them.
True, you can pick up a 2nd hand pair for around £200-£250.
Really? Over here in Finland 2nd hand Technics' cost 350-400€ EACH, and they always go really fast, you gotta buy them immediately when you see them if you want them.
I checked ebay for a few weeks, and the mk2s were all going for at least £300 a pair... mk5 going for a lot more..