Throwing a party

- open
knapkin
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Throwing a party

Post by knapkin »

So I want to throw a techno/underground house party, in an area where there isn't much of a following. There really aren't many people (save me and my girlfriend) who enjoy dance music other than wobbles and heavy electo (not to say I don't enjoy it).

I have a few venues in mind, aiming for something a bit small, so a small crowd won't seem so small, enticing people to have fun. But I'm concerned about a potential crowd. How can I try and get people interested in this music? How can I get people to enjoy it, and feel it the same way they feel the popular dance music they look for all the time.

I'm really driven here, but worried that people won't have fun.

Ideas?
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

ChrisCV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ChrisCV »

offer free booze and drugs...

they'll have the time of their lives.
Cotumo
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Cotumo »

If none of your friends are enjoying your style of music it will be fuckin hard to fill even a smaller venue. But if you have an easy deal with the owner you could try to build up a scene for it in your region... Good luck!
-ix
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by -ix »

Start very early with promo and try to figure out where your visitors hang out. Schools, Bars, online etc.
knapkin
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by knapkin »

Thanks for the tips. I'm going to hopefully record a promo mix. I'm trying to get a team together of DJ's/Promoters to get this thing off the ground.

Any more advice is appreciated muchly!