Share you thoughts

- open
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Share you thoughts

Post by New Guy »

Someone wrote on facebook the following:

Reckon we can probably stop making art now because there's plenty. You don't need any more novels and paintings and symphonies and whatnot than one person can realistically digest and appreciate in their life time, and there's already far more than that, so we can do something else now instead.

I have to admit that this was meant as a joke (or not maybe?) but I also do share this sentiment. I did have moments when I have thought exactly that same thing and though that really there is already enough art there and that everybody is an artist and all and that maybe it is time to move on and do something else.

Though then I also think that making music in my own small studio makes me feel good, on a personal level, and exactly that feeling is why I still keep doing it. It maybe narcissistic but it feels too darn good.

Edit: Then again isn't that what everyone else is doing too? Every other artist?
And so we're back where we started.

So what do you guys think about this?
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

i agree slightly.

but i think that the world and people's lives are always changing and art always needs to be about life and the world.

Old art is interesting and good for museums and documentaries. And of course a piece of great art is always beautiful, but i think the world needs MOVEMENT.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

everyone is an artist... this is such a wonderful thing.. some people are good at cooking, nurturing, understanding, listening, designing, or doing landscape and so on.....

it's a souls true responsibility to create or express themselves.. it's different because it's your art. and every artist usually is in a state of trying to get better at their craft or whatever they love... which in return creates positive energy for the earth to be contagious to..
dav.id
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Share you thoughts

Post by dav.id »

New Guy wrote: really there is already enough art there and that everybody is an artist and all and that maybe it is time to move on and do something else.

Though then I also think that making music in my own small studio makes me feel good, on a personal level, and exactly that feeling is why I still keep doing it. It maybe narcissistic but it feels too darn good.
Ooh ... so beautifull. Love it. :D :D :D
tabula rasa
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

human society was built on art.
dav.id
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dav.id »

tone-def wrote:human society was built on art.
mmh not sure about that.. but. wheelling for this idea. I'd love to build something..
tabula rasa
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

interesting idea but the concept is flawed because it might as well suggest that we stop speaking too. surely art, music, books and whatnot are all just different forms of communication, along with speaking. basically, we want to communicate all the time and different people choose different ways to do it. whether or not anyone will need it or be interested in it, people will always produce more stuff.
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by . »

This reminds me of someone who said, 200 hundred years ago approximately, that music was all already written, and nothing else was coming up... There are things we can't express with words. When I listen to music, when I see a painting, an sculture, when I read a story: I can know how limited is he/she, I can watch its thoughts, its degree of innocence, new expression levels come up. All turns into an abstract world of "intellectual": conversation. Thoughts, it's all about them. Without them, we are NOTHING, just more sheeps from the flock.

Variety.