Homeopathy/Alternative Treatments/Natural Remedies

- open
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

pharmaceutical industry is a complete monster with a big stranglehold on the world. frankly.

i can't be arsed to write all the stuff i know, but there's a lot of very grim evidence.
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

I even believe that a lot of what the pharma companies manufacture work because of the patient believes that it will cure them.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

I even believe that a lot of what the pharma companies manufacture work because of the patient believes that it will cure them.
Of course they fucking do.

I had a big talk with my GP as I havent given my daugther any jabs yet and am not planning on doing so. He was trying to get me to give her the chicken pox one, but I refused. Thing is I'm pretty sure they get extra money for pushing these onto patiants, so obviously their opinion is biased.
ChrisCV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ChrisCV »

i think its against the law for GPs to gain commission for prescribing drugs...

because the drugs they can use are controlled by the NHS, so there's no basis for incentivised prescription.

however in the US, because everything is all private i think GPs and doctors often get greased up by the pharma companies to prescribe their drugs over another companies, even if the other drug is cheaper or more effective... its one of the downsides of private healthcare.... that and also the fact that every other advert on US TV is for drugs...

BLM... are you avoiding the MMR jabs for risk of autism? because its bullshit if you are...
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

You missed my point.
Shepherd_of_Anu wrote:I would imagine that I would not readily be one to give myself over to the inclinations of naturopathic medicine but because of my personal experience I must say that it should not be dismissed out of hand.
I am not saying that my personal experience validates everything that is claimed by proponents of homoeopathy but I was just putting it out there as a single example. Nothing more. You must be a fucking moron if you took my story as something that was meant to certify all homoeopathic methodologies as sound. Again, read my quote.

I honestly don't spend much time on the matter. I was just sharing my personal experience. I have heard lots of stories from many different people about ways in which natural medicines have helped them. I guess when I say natural medicines I don't mean just homoeopathy. I am speaking in broader terms which also include traditional medicines from different cultures of the world.

I am not trying to sell you on anything because I honestly don't really care enough about the subject to bother. I just want to clarify to you where it is that I stand.

Just a thought though... if there was absolutely nothing behind homoeopathy then I wonder why every homoeopathic doctor in the civilized world is not languishing in prison for fraud. I am sure there are some in there but I bet there are even more regular doctors, especially psychiatrists so should be in there too, if not more.

As for the pharmaceutical companies... don't get me started. They are at war with humanity and psychiatrists are their footsoldiers. Someday we will rise up and slaughter them all.
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

::BLM:: wrote:
Of course they fcking do.

I had a big talk with my GP as I havent given my daugther any jabs yet and am not planning on doing so. He was trying to get me to give her the chicken pox one, but I refused. Thing is I'm pretty sure they get extra money for pushing these onto patiants, so obviously their opinion is biased.
I haven't really been on here much but i kind of felt i had to reply to this.

I would really, really urge you access any information you can about the chicken pox vaccine. There's been a huge rise in parents not getting vaccines for their children, based on a fraudulent and discredited report linking vaccines with autism.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2010/ ... -mmr-paper

i'm not trying to tell anyone what to do, let alone even suggest how you operate as a parent, but i would say that while questioning authority/government/medical practices etc is healthy, you could be making an error in judgement here which will effect someone else.

small pox is actually quite a serious (occaisonally fateful) disease, but because we've all been vaccined for it, we've forgotten about that. it's also really contagious. if loads of parents don't get it for their children, it's possible it could become a problem again.

i'm not saying pharma companies/doctors are perfect (far from it), but they're often victims of smear campaigns and misinformation. i would say they are extremely regulated and peer reviewed.

if you're going to ask questions about the status quo and authority, don't let the questions stop there. they need to be asked about the nature of ALL medical advice. questions need to be asked about the people who dismiss phara companies too and the way they come to their conclusions.
its one thing to pay through your nose for homeopathy "medicine" or whatever, but the stakes are a bit higher here.

what are your reasons for not getting the child vaccinated?
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

also about doctors getting paid for vaccines. yes, they get a small sum, but i think its based on a percentage of the children on their register. like 90% and they get a small bonus of a 2000 or something.

but that bonus is an incentive to doctors to have a vaccinated population, because it's a potentially fateful & highly contagious disease.
ChrisCV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ChrisCV »

chicken pox, small pox and MMR are all different things...

chicken pox is a mild blistering disease that generally is ok for most kids...

small pox was the lethal blistering disease that came from cows and wiped out millions of people back in the day... apparently 95% of native indians in america when the spaniards turned up... however small pox has now been eradicated from the world.. officially in 1979....

MMR is mumps, measles and rubella, three diseases which are vaccinated against soon after birth...

i think the chicken pox one you might have to pay for.. so i see what you mean by the doctor trying to push it on you... probably don't need it as the majority of kids go through chicken pox with no problems, save for a bit of irritation and maybe a few minor scars..

small pox doesn't exist any more so no need for a vaccination...

MMR... this one is a freebie on the NHS.. its good to have as getting mumps, measles or rubella can be really damaging... no proof of the vaccination causing autism, with the studies that said they did being retracted and counter studies rebutting them...