Music promotion tool

- open
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Another way of seeing it: if Lady Gaga gets downloaded illegally a few thousand times and she loses 2 million euro in revenue, she'll still have a lot of millions left to dry her tears with. If you download the music of an unknown artist who normally sells about 200 downloads, this will be the point between losing money or just breaking even. And that's a huge difference.
+1.

Bob Mulatu
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Bob Mulatu »

i think it is how it is with almost every other product...quality has to have its price, because quality can only be achieved with work and i really don't want to work for free!
ChrisCV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ChrisCV »

every schmuck thinks they're worth something
pafufta816
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pafufta816 »

ChrisCV wrote:every schmuck thinks they're worth something
yep! the things people download illegally would not have been sold regardless of the pirate downloading. from my perspective the industry is selling as much as it can and will sell regardless of illegitimate distribution.
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

ChrisCV wrote:every schmuck thinks they're worth something
I agree. People should start trying to sell their music once there's a demand for it. I often see and never understand the people who make a track in ableton, set a bandcamp page and wonder why there's no sales...
HTML Records
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by HTML Records »

-ix wrote:You have some experience now with this Pheek?

I found also this article about bandcamp;
http://www.hypebot.com/hypebot/2011/02/ ... dcamp.html
Really agree with the article, myspace is getting more ridiculous than ever now.
ChrisCV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ChrisCV »

pafufta816
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pafufta816 »

lol. myspace has become blowspace. when i started using myspace i visited multiple times a day. after a few years, one time a day, then one a week, then a few times a month, then never. i recently deleted my account after having not used it for more than 2 years. their use of popups, ads redirecting me to links i didn't click, heavy use of very poorly designed flash ads, data mining, and a lack of features led me to really hate using it. bandcamp and reverbnation seem to be the sites that i see most bands using nowadays, but i really just wish that everyone would move to soundcloud for it's ease of use.

myspace taught me that anyone with a webpage can get booked. but what if you sent a small and straightforward press package to promoters instead?