Music promotion tool

- open
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Music promotion tool

Post by pheek »

I think I finally found a tool for ideal music promotion!

Back in 2001, when I first started to work with Thinner, my friend Sebastian Redenz made me realize the power of sharing the music for free. Nowadays, there's a constant debate on piracy, blogs, music shared and music sales, but in the end, we have forgotten to be proactive; too much complaints for efforts.

Because the message we're getting is, the music's business role model doesn't suit the consumers, or at least, a large part of it. Numbers are saying it, no matter how good music is and that is, because it is easy to get the music you want and if it's not, then there will be someone who will take care of it (for you?).

Many bands who release their music will see it appear on blogs and pirate sites 5 minutes after it's out (this is no exaggeration). One problem is, the artist might have exposure from it but not totally. Plus the average music buyer, average internet user might fall into some shady website filled with pop ups or so.

At the moment, a lot of people are using tons of various social networks, blogs and various tools to get their music promoted.

What I've discovered, is a tool that centralize everything at the same place and keep it as simple as possible. If people are going to get it for free, how about they get it from a safe, fun place and hey, there is options that come with it:

- Get if for free.
- Get it in exchange of the amount of money you think you can put in it (no more excuses!) à la Radiohead.
- Links to buy from websites.
- Stream it (ideal for smart phones).

+ Stats available to know where your followers are from, + +

In the next days, Archipel will use this tool and I'll let you know more about it.

Very excited and psyched!
Evad
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Evad »

Are you talking about bandcamp pheek?
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

No, the service is called viinyl. They launch officially in september but I have the chance to do a tryout and so far, i'm blown away...
alexx.wolfe
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by alexx.wolfe »

looks pretty nice from what can be seen so far. but will it just allow one song to be uploaded ?
http://www.myspace.com/alexxwolfe

http://www.myspace.com/suigenerizrecords

IF YOU WANT TO RECEIVE FREE SONGS AND UPDATED NEWSLETTER FROM OUR RECORD LABEL, JUST GO TO OUR MYSPACE PAGE AND SUBSCRIBE TO OR NEWSLETTER
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

alexx.wolfe wrote:looks pretty nice from what can be seen so far. but will it just allow one song to be uploaded ?
the guy who invented it had an idea in mind based on something that bothered him much: make tracks important again. It's crazy now how people want more more more and we get more more more... but what does one track value? what's behind it?
So he came with the idea of making one page per song, as if it was an object, important, special again.

I really am into this.

This is also the beginning, there will be more ideas as they're extremely open to any ideas.
Rookas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rookas »

oh yes i see you found bandcamp :D
its all about the rhythm
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

oh yes i see you found bandcamp :D

no, viinyl. they go hand and hand.