Advice really appreciated - getting decks for my 11 yr old

- open
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

::BLM:: wrote:Who here has gone back to vinyl?

I buy a lot of vinyl, but I never end up taking them out with me when I DJ. I end up buying the wavs and then using cdj's when I play out. I used to take my records out all the time, but they ended up getting scratched so now I leave them at home. I hate having to buy records a second time, especially since some of them cost me loads of money in the first place.

Does anybody else do this really stupid thing to preserve their records?
i just take my records out. the only time my records get scratched is when someone else touches them.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

tone-def wrote:
::BLM:: wrote:Who here has gone back to vinyl?

I buy a lot of vinyl, but I never end up taking them out with me when I DJ. I end up buying the wavs and then using cdj's when I play out. I used to take my records out all the time, but they ended up getting scratched so now I leave them at home. I hate having to buy records a second time, especially since some of them cost me loads of money in the first place.

Does anybody else do this really stupid thing to preserve their records?
i just take my records out. the only time my records get scratched is when someone else touches them.
When I played vinyls I also took them with me.
(And I still do, until I have digitalized them.)
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jackbrazzo »

I;ve tried all formats - you cant beat vinyl. Sure CD's and traktor are better, but it bores me. Completely lost interest in a lot of facets of DJing as a result.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

jackbrazzo wrote:I;ve tried all formats - you cant beat vinyl. Sure CD's and traktor are better, but it bores me. Completely lost interest in a lot of facets of DJing as a result.
Not that I want to turn this into a vinyl vs anything else thread.

But I've also tried all formats, and it really doesn't matter that much to me.

I like playing good music to good crowds, and for me Traktor (with cd/vinyl control) gives me that tiny bit extra that I like when I play.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

patrick bateman wrote: Not that I want to turn this into a vinyl vs anything else thread.
too late :D
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Themis wrote:
patrick bateman wrote: Not that I want to turn this into a vinyl vs anything else thread.
too late :D
I know :?
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jackbrazzo »

like playing good music to good crowds, and for me Traktor (with cd/vinyl control) gives me that tiny bit extra that I like when I play
part of the problem is I have virtually no gigs, and have to resort to the odd corporate gig now and then.
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

I just use traktor with vinyl because it allows me to play the way I've always played (with vinyl feel) and I can bring everything along instead of having to carry two bags down stairs and up stages, and having to be pissed anyway that the record I wanted to play is still at home.
Don't like CDJ's, just because I don't like burning cd's and writing down all the titles etc. Too much hassle. And I just like the worlkflow of vinyl (or traktor vinyl): the only difference is that you turn to your laptop to search a track instead of turning to your bag to search the nexxt tune. All the rest is just snobby stuff.

Just received our new vinyls (tom dazing & gols & los updates) but if this also doesn't sell, I'll also just concentrate on digital. I can use the money for lots better things and the music stays the same.