Bruno Pronsato http://www.google.pl/search?hl=pl&ei=SQ_j

- open
Ingemar
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ingemar »

Rhys | Posted: 03-23-2010 16:59:31Hey Yeah- I perhaps should have mentioned that we were heinously drunk by this point and Ninca was there with Bruno, but i don't know how you can put "in a teasing manner aimed at his beautiful and understanding girlfriend who realised that our interview had turned into a schoolyard snigger-fest" into an interview. I guess i have a lot to learn! back to square one on the journliasm board!

teck | Posted: 03-23-2010 15:42:17loved reading...

Bruno Pronsato | Posted: 03-23-2010 15:21:07ummm. while i did say those things above, it was meant in a very joking manner. my lady was standing right beside and most of it was meant to provoke her...

why does the big shots gravitate towards jazz when they start feeling about done with their own sound? That audio sample sounds like something we would have on the shuffle ipod at the café i work...

I'm not dissing jazz, but specially this project sounds exceptionally half-arsed
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

Carl Smart wrote:

Rhys | Posted: 03-23-2010 16:59:31Hey Yeah- I perhaps should have mentioned that we were heinously drunk by this point and Ninca was there with Bruno, but i don't know how you can put "in a teasing manner aimed at his beautiful and understanding girlfriend who realised that our interview had turned into a schoolyard snigger-fest" into an interview. I guess i have a lot to learn! back to square one on the journliasm board!

Bruno Pronsato | Posted: 03-23-2010 15:21:07ummm. while i did say those things above, it was meant in a very joking manner. my lady was standing right beside and most of it was meant to provoke her...

why does the big shots gravitate towards jazz when they start feeling about done with their own sound? That audio sample sounds like something we would have on the shuffle ipod at the café i work...

I'm not dissing jazz, but specially this project sounds exceptionally half-arsed
It is indeed a general trend with the more talented producers. Dunno what to think of it, but at least it's better than going down the crowd pleasing lane.

I think when your musical production knowledge starts to build up, you feel like reinnovating yourself on a complexer level. Dance music is mostly built on amusical simple ideas, so most of these producers drift off from the main purpose of the dancefloor...

BUT I actually liked the sounds here, it's just not what I want to hear in a club...

There are actually few producers who can keep up with making dancefloor gems without repeating themselves. I even can't think of one at the moment...
Ingemar
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ingemar »

Kiani wrote:
Carl Smart wrote:

It is indeed a general trend with the more talented producers. Dunno what to think of it, but at least it's better than going down the crowd pleasing lane.

I think when your musical production knowledge starts to build up, you feel like reinnovating yourself on a complexer level. Dance music is mostly built on amusical simple ideas, so most of these producers drift off from the main purpose of the dancefloor...

BUT I actually liked the sounds here, it's just not what I want to hear in a club...

There are actually few producers who can keep up with making dancefloor gems without repeating themselves. I even can't think of one at the moment...

heh, I just typed this massive rant about how limiting oneself to genres and the lameness of doing anything with anyone else in mind is seriously hampering the process of evolving as a musician. The conclusion I reached was "just do what you feel is right, push the limits as much or as little as you want as long as you like what you are doing" - so in line with that I guess I have to say you go Bruno.

But to branch out a bit: why does jazz have to be this 'creative haven' of music making? Why is jazz supposed to be so free and limitless? What's keeping you from doing that with any other genre? Or is jazz rather a feeling than a philosophy?
jessejames
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jessejames »

Not everyone understands jazz music. Its a spritiaul thing, a body thing, a soul thing.
miniKAT
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miniKAT »

U can intertwine jazz or "reaL" music with dance music a not miss a beat, so to speak. Look at Matthew Herbert. Some of Villalobos' stuff. So just cause one wants to gravitate to "real" music, doesn't mean u have to totally switch from your movement to something else. 2 cents
Hutch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Hutch »

Loving his new project. Real house is if you ask me.
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

when these artists say they are moving into jazz, they usually:

a) have no idea about jazz (and jazz theory)

b) end up sounding more like soul

oh and a couple jazz chords doesn't make your music jazzy. It sounds more like adult contemporary with a steady kick than anything.