81%
Other skills
8%

Total votes: 90

tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

suli.belarto wrote:beat matching is a skill that a monkey can learn, which in my book is so elementary that if you can't do it then chances are when it comes to mixing you probably will suck azz at it.
can you prove that monkey's can learn to beat match? from my understanding humans are the only animals to have developed advanced drumming and there for have the ability to beat match. sure a monkey can bang on a log but lets be honest, it's not in the same league as what we can do.

there's also the fact not everyone can beat match. one of the guy from orbital can't beat match and he's been trying for years!
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

tone-def wrote: there's also the fact not everyone can beat match. one of the guy from orbital can't beat match and he's been trying for years!
don't want to sound sexist but female deejays are also not famous for beatmatching..
b-ran
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by b-ran »

roland wrote:
tone-def wrote: there's also the fact not everyone can beat match. one of the guy from orbital can't beat match and he's been trying for years!
don't want to sound sexist but female deejays are also not famous for beatmatching..
cough cough ellen allien..watched the videos of her from timewarp...shes really awful..her track selection is so random and lacks any sensible flow..
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

yeah about that, magda plays since ages and every second transition is a mess

and then i found this
Magda wrote:My setup changes each year and right now I'm really toying with the idea of not using decks in the future. This way I can run other gadgets and sync everything. It would give me new and interesting possibilities as a DJ.
source: http://www.datatransmission.co.uk/viewf ... tureID=475

and with sync her transitions will get definitly better of course, but is she then a better dj? hmmmm
suli.belarto
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by suli.belarto »

tone-def wrote:
suli.belarto wrote:beat matching is a skill that a monkey can learn, which in my book is so elementary that if you can't do it then chances are when it comes to mixing you probably will suck azz at it.
can you prove that monkey's can learn to beat match? from my understanding humans are the only animals to have developed advanced drumming and there for have the ability to beat match. sure a monkey can bang on a log but lets be honest, it's not in the same league as what we can do.

there's also the fact not everyone can beat match. one of the guy from orbital can't beat match and he's been trying for years!
the word is "figurative" meaning beat matching is the elementary or first chapter into djing (-)
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

suli pls bring back your old avatar.. new one is getting on my nerves and on the first sight i don't recognize it's you who is posting :D
good_god
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by good_god »

infernal.techno wrote:
PsyTox wrote:She used to be a pron star too, if someone wants some oldskool Belucci action... :lol:
go on...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
please do

as for the poll: i have to agree with everyone defending the beatmatching skill set. not paramount, but it will never ever be obsolete. sometimes a purposefully "off" blend can add swing and subtlety. no button for that.
suli.belarto
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by suli.belarto »

roland wrote:suli pls bring back your old avatar.. new one is getting on my nerves and on the first sight i don't recognize it's you who is posting :D
better ? :lol: