Montreal Hostels (Mutek 2010)

- open
good_god
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Montreal Hostels (Mutek 2010)

Post by good_god »

Hi All,
Looks like I may end up at Mutek this year. I've never been to Montreal and was wondering if anyone knows of any quality hostel/hotels to stay. Looking for modest lodgings but don't want to get caught in a rat nest. I've scanned many hostel review sites, but was hoping someone here could give me any "local" advice.

Thanks in advance.
shypht
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by shypht »

I've stayed at Le Gite du Plateau Mont-Royal in Montreal a few times.

First time was great, I had a room in the back part of the building that had a private washroom / shower, was really quiet and private feeling.

2nd time, I was in the main part of the building, my bedroom was above the lobby/common room and I could hear the TV through the floor, and no private bathroom. Think was a little late booking that year, and the rooms with private bathrooms had been booked up.

If I could guarantee a room like I had the 1st time, I'd recommend it.

It was affordable, and reasonable walking distance to most of the Mutek events. Short walk to SAT, Metropolis, etc.

I've also stayed at the Quality Hotel (Mutek had a discount rate with them a year or two ago), which was nice. A bit more expensive than the Hostel, but walking distance to everything.

Last Labour day weekend, I went to Montreal and booked a room at the Quality Inn. I booked it through Hotwire (didn't know where I was staying until after I paid) - think it was $76/night or something. Not the fancest of places, but it also would be close to most of the Mutek events, and a short walk to the subway to get out to the Pikniks.
dav.id
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dav.id »

shypht wrote:I've also stayed at the Quality Hotel (Mutek had a discount rate with them a year or two ago), which was nice. A bit more expensive than the Hostel, but walking distance to everything.
There's a good bargain with Mutek passport for the event. I think it comes around 50$ /night. It should be the best in town.

I'll book there in few days.
tabula rasa
good_god
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by good_god »

thanks for the rec shypht. finally booked mine.
now the countdown begins...
:)