anyone still listen to trance?

- open
pafufta816
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

anyone still listen to trance?

Post by pafufta816 »

does anyone have suggestions for what they consider quality, top of it's game, modern trance music? back in the day, even up to almost 4 years ago, i used to really enjoy trance. matt darey, paul oakenfold, hallucinogen, earlier juno reactor. i couldn't get enough of this stuff (juno reactor is still hella tight though).

then something inside me changed, i no longer craved to listen to trance music. this is partly because EBM and techno both wandered enough into trancey territory to keep me satisfied. bands like razed in black, assemblage 23, apoptygma berzerk (which i've now gotten over like a bad flu). i was drifting into more expiramental, minimal and deep sounds in techno, and over time i desired less and less to have melody and harmony be the anchoring, ear catching component in my listening experiences.

i have lost interest, since that point, in trance music. the reason being, in my mind both trance and jungle/drum n bass seemed like they weren't changing, with technology or the times. it felt (and still feels) like any dj tiesto setlist could be from 2012, or 1996 and still not have much variance in sound, melody or style. and aside from that i almost feel hatred (probably equal proportions jealousy) at tiest, paul van dyk, and oakenfold. i can't even listen to 80% of that music anymore without feeling the need to change the music.

just some thought, discuss if you must, but suggestions are welcome. i feel like it's been long enough that i probably havemissed on some good names in the scene, maybe producers/dj's who are willing to step outside the norms of the genre.
Maiyal
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Maiyal »

No. No one does anymore.
MarkA
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MarkA »

Still play some lieb stuff, lost vagueness and tracks like that
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

I hate trance :D
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

i always thought that trance and junlgle post 96 weren't very musical, and were just about physical excercise on the dance floor.

they are completely sexless music to my ears, so i never liked them, too plastic.
pafufta816
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pafufta816 »

lol
grace anxiety
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by grace anxiety »

pafufta816
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pafufta816 »

border community is great, archipel, traum schallplatten, all great labels with melodic techno. i guess i'm looking for something less wellknown...