Had enough (beatport content)

- open
infernal.techno
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Had enough (beatport content)

Post by infernal.techno »

Saying that I do not like how beatport is run would be an understatement. I usually keep quiet about all the small technicalities, but I have really had enough.

I would steer clear of beatport, but it seems as if certain labels only want their tracks to be on this site and this site only. The last 5 transactions (before today) have all had me on the phone with beatport support, giving them my transaction numbers so that i can get my tracks. A couple times, beatport straight up declines my order and doesn't tell me why, and it is clearly not a case of sufficient funds.

Just now, I have been charged the full amount of my crate, but got an error message "something went technically wrong" and of course, I have no files to download.

It sucks because I have a gig tomorrow and want to play the tracks that I paid for, but because Beatport is so slow in responding to errors, I might not get to.

Sorry to rant, but I feel like this company does very little to actually improve known issues with their site. Are they more concerned with all of the events, interviews and advertisements centered around beatport than the actual content of the site?
- matt
suli.belarto
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Had enough (beatport content)

Post by suli.belarto »

infernal.techno wrote: Are they more concerned with all of the events, interviews and advertisements centered around beatport than the actual content of the site?
there concern is dolla dolla bills yo $$$, it sucks balls having to pay $30 in shipping but hearing stories like this makes me less upset about fedx fees.
Hope your query gets resolved.
malle eppie
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by malle eppie »

Never had any major problems

always had quick answers and solutions to my questions

you are just having bad luck I guess
zentex
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by zentex »

infernal.techno wrote:
I would steer clear of beatport, but it seems as if certain labels only want their tracks to be on this site and this site only.
this is something that really pisses me off, the way labels contribute to BP's monopoly in the market. why on earth would you only sell your records in one shop when there's so many other shops with better service and cheaper prices? it's a sort of snowball effect after that: everybody's obliged to shop there and only there.
malle eppie
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by malle eppie »

zentex wrote:
infernal.techno wrote:
I would steer clear of beatport, but it seems as if certain labels only want their tracks to be on this site and this site only.
this is something that really pisses me off, the way labels contribute to BP's monopoly in the market. why on earth would you only sell your records in one shop when there's so many other shops with better service and cheaper prices? it's a sort of snowball effect after that: everybody's obliged to shop there and only there.
cream?
dolla dolla bills yo $$$
infernal.techno
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by infernal.techno »

malle eppie wrote:
zentex wrote:
infernal.techno wrote:
cream?
dolla dolla bills yo $$$
yeah, understandable, but i don't see how labels can profit more by only sticking with beatport. better rates on "exclusivity"?

i have also seen releases get posted on beatport first and then a week or so later, pops up on other sites :(

monopoly is right...
- matt
zentex
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by zentex »

infernal.techno wrote:
malle eppie wrote:
zentex wrote:
infernal.techno wrote:
cream?
dolla dolla bills yo $$$
yeah, understandable, but i don't see how labels can profit more by only sticking with beatport. better rates on "exclusivity"?

i have also seen releases get posted on beatport first and then a week or so later, pops up on other sites :(

monopoly is right...
yeah you're right, labels sign exclusivity so their music is more expensive for customers (2.17€?) and thus get more money for new releases. but that's only good for the labels, not for customers, obviously. after a couple of weeks the exclusivity runs out and only then some of those releases can be bought on other sites.

music byers: getting ass-raped by BP monopoly since 2004.
hotpace
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hotpace »

I hardly EVER shop there. It's expensive and there are many different options.