Digital Mediocrity

- open
sven laux
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by sven laux »

Mh, I think the main advantage of buying digital tracks is the opportunity of getting single tracks out of the whole EP.

Maybe you should try take a look at www.zero-inch.com - There it's possible to hear the full track instead of just 2 minutes.
Dragonsand
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Dragonsand »

I agree with oblioblioblio and tone_def.

If you don't want of the physical format, buy at least the entire release.

Follow for music the same formula you use in your life.

Can you pick up only the qualities of your girlfriend, your job, your family, your movie, your videogame and forget the bad points? No.

We need Good and bad.

Forget the chimera of saving only the best!!!!! ; )

Sometimes I buy the LP + the CD, even if the tracklist is the same, just to tell to my heart : "I'm sure I love this release, look, I am fetichist!!"

Place your loved objects in the center of your own heavens.

Give a soul to the releases you buy. Theoric, but, I think it's the key of passion.

; )
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

obviously you shouldn't buy a track if it's completely sh!t. but say there's a track on there that seems ok, or it's kind of cool but your not sure you would play then buy it.

the reason why people are talking about netlabels is because you download a bunch of track that you wouldn't buy, then you get to like them and play them out. you can't get to like tracks on beatport you don't buy.
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Del »

Trust me - the only solution is to go back to vinyl only. You can listen to the samples as many times as you like but as long as you have no connection to the digital format you will always be left 'wanting' more.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

em if someone would buy the whole release the major argument for digital is gone ...?!?

if someone say he buys digital cause vinyl is too expensive i can at least sympathize a little

what is now left? you dont want to carry a bag of vinyls !?!?

you even cant buy it in wave cause then it would be more expensive than a vinyl
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

Themis wrote:em if someone would buy the whole release the major argument for digital is gone ...?!?

if someone say he buys digital cause vinyl is too expensive i can at least sympathize a little

what is now left? you dont want to carry a bag of vinyls !?!?

you even cant buy it in wave cause then it would be more expensive than a vinyl
this is why i still play vinyl :P
Martian Telecom
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Martian Telecom »

digital is corny, just buy the record.

The other thing about vinyl is that if you have good taste, your collection goes up in value. Try reselling your mp3 collection in a few years, let me know how it goes.
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

I actually don't get the thing of buying an entire release.. because as someone said that the main reason of digital is gone.

Is there a thread about good netlabels? I haven't had the time to search for yet..

I am thinking about doing the Steve Bug method and just buy vinyl only again and digitalize my collection! This keeps me from buying sh!t (mostly) and it's easy to digitalize the collection but otherwise I might miss some digital only gems though!
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.