Loveletters from Oslo

- open
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Themis wrote:great label, many good releases, sad that they are now on beatport
I have thought about this a lot, but I really can't understand why it should be sad? Can you give me a good explanation?
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

since when was making more profit sad?
it's not like their stopped doing vinyl, their making the music available to more people. that's a good thing
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

i meant its sad for me not for the label

if a good track is pressed a tousand times or less, and after some years its practically free to download for everyone then there is some kind of value lost.

i feel good about it, if i own a record which i know only have 500-1000 people, so it gets kind of worthless if this record is selled for 1,50 the next ten years with no limit like infinite times.

if the supply is infinite then the value can only be very low. thats how our system works. so everyone who owned some of the records lost some value today.

the majority of the people will never understand why they should pay for a good that is available infinit times.

but its definitly good for the label and also for some digital DJs who wants to play the tracks.

but for me its sad :/

EDIT: And if all music would become free, i think i would start to produce and only play my own music .. i dont understand why producers release tracks if not for money. serious question ! i mean, produce tracks ok, play them in club also ok, but give them to everyone in the world?!? what kick do you get from this?
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Even though it was a vinyl only label, they were doing digital promotion.
And, even though it was a vinyl only label, there were/are tons of places to download the tracks (illegal), so I can only see it as a good thing that they start to sell their tracks digitally.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

yeah now you cant know the difference between some idiot that downloads all tracks illegal, and someone who buys them. GREAT !
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

Themis wrote: i dont understand why producers release tracks if not for money. serious question ! i mean, produce tracks ok, play them in club also ok, but give them to everyone in the world?!? what kick do you get from this?
Maybe the kick is simply from knowing other people are playing your music and crowds dancing to it ?
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by . »

Themis wrote:i dont understand why producers release tracks if not for money. serious question ! i mean, produce tracks ok, play them in club also ok, but give them to everyone in the world?!? what kick do you get from this?
Maybe because if you don't have a release on Beatport you are not gonna be able to play your music on a club?
Roy Koch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Roy Koch »

Themis wrote:yeah now you cant know the difference between some idiot that downloads all tracks illegal, and someone who buys them. GREAT !
As if people don't rip records they have at home and play them out in the club on cd's....