Loveletters from Oslo

- open
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

what's this thread about?

i think this label started off pretty well but then it got boring.
Roy Koch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Roy Koch »

tone-def wrote:what's this thread about?

It used to be a vinyl only label, now they went digital as well.
I have mixed feelings about this move.
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

Roy Koch wrote:

me too (about everything said here :) )
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

Roy Koch wrote:

tip tap toe'ing around the subject which can easily turn into the feared VINYL or DIGITAL discussion but... for some labels it's come to a point where you'll have to choose: pull the plug or go digital. Sales figures are dropping for vinyl, and in Belgium alone three shops closed down in December. So it's also getting harder to get your vinyl to the customer. You can say "yes, but you can buy from decks" and you'd be right, except that with every closing of a shop, there are people who simply stop buying vinyl alltogether because they don't like buying online. And maybe 20 people or so isn't much, but on a total of 300 copies (which most labels print these days) that's a huge shift.

I hope and pray our next vinyl will sell out, but otherwise we will also soon have to admit that it's not for us anymore and we'll also have to return to digital only, much to my dissapointment to be honest.
D4RKFORCE
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by D4RKFORCE »

I have noticed Love Letters From Oslo is on Beatport a few minutes ago, actually I was going to write a thread about this too...

I was a bit confused because Beatport have put approximately the same release dates that had the vinyls
Roy Koch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Roy Koch »

PsyTox wrote:
Roy Koch wrote:

tip tap toe'ing around the subject which can easily turn into the feared VINYL or DIGITAL discussion but... for some labels it's come to a point where you'll have to choose: pull the plug or go digital. Sales figures are dropping for vinyl, and in Belgium alone three shops closed down in December. So it's also getting harder to get your vinyl to the customer. You can say "yes, but you can buy from decks" and you'd be right, except that with every closing of a shop, there are people who simply stop buying vinyl alltogether because they don't like buying online. And maybe 20 people or so isn't much, but on a total of 300 copies (which most labels print these days) that's a huge shift.

I hope and pray our next vinyl will sell out, but otherwise we will also soon have to admit that it's not for us anymore and we'll also have to return to digital only, much to my dissapointment to be honest.
That is a sad thing indeed. However the point with Love Letters From Oslo going digital is that it is a sub-label from Oslo which already is digital (and vinyl). So the main difference in these two labels was that LLFO was vinyl only. The labels both have nearly the same sound, so what is the point then in keeping two different labels?
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

great label, many good releases, sad that they are now on beatport