Loveletters from Oslo

- open
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

john clees wrote:I think their is a lot of selfish people in this world.

for example I collected all the original studio one records that came out in 95. I'm happy to see them repressed for the new(er) generations to be inspired by the work of an artist done a long time ago.

I'm a vinyl lover and will be for life. I will continue to buy vinyl and (always) will. I don't comprehend how people get shitty with new mediums to expand awareness of artists that may have truly never got the respect or attention they ever deserved, and by pushing mp3's, their is a slight chance, more credit is be given to artists for their work done now and many years ago. perhaps if you're not an artist or produced music, you're one the outside looking in. I can relate with the purest, but in the end, exposure to newer generations is truely what makes music timeless. always fresh to new people learning about new vibrations that inspire them.
That is all good, but the point is they set up a vinyl only label. Releasing it on digital just makes it laughable as they havent stood by their original statement to just release vinyl.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Harrison wrote:
::BLM:: wrote:It probably has to do with money.
surely though oslo is the "money maker" so to speak? LLFO releases get 1000 pressed and a lot of them are sold out, how many do they have to sell to break even roughly? 300? (i have no idea) but there is no point in LLFO anymore. recent releases have been the same as (boring) oslo anyway!

i warmed up for molinari not so long ago and was speaking to him about LLFO and he said he goes places and people haven't even heard of the label or any of the music on it, so i can understand him wanting to get his music out there, but why go against one of the main reasons he set the label up in the first place and put the back catalogue on beatport?

ah well.
If they are doing 1000 vinyl, then potentially they could be doing a lot more in digital as digital sales tend to be higher then vinyl. In the last 2 months vinyl sales have gotten far worse, so this could be why they have moved all their stock onto Beatport.
ksaen
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ksaen »

S.D.L wrote::!:
S.D.L wrote:You're talking a lot, without saying anything..
S.D.L wrote:Comedy from a high standard..
S.D.L wrote:You lost me at vynil.
S.D.L wrote:You lost me with the inability (inabilità) to use the quote button.
S.D.L wrote:(-)
Sorry, but when you don't have something to say could you please shut up?
I mean in the very beginning you did a on-topic post, but after that you're just trolling.

And gustafsson, come down. You can't expect that everybody will understand you. You persist in your standpoint and try to make it clear for 5 pages now. It's exhausting and boring. Sometimes in discussions you have to take a backstep and get in mind that maybe not everybody understood you. Leave it like this.
patrick bateman wrote:Why is it so hard to understand the business about a label and a mp3 store?
Does it really make any sense to put a label online from release number 11 ???

Of course not, it makes only sense to put whole labels online IMO (maybe unless if it's a label with 200 releases, there you might only put certain release online, but besides that)...

Would it be interesting for a store to get a label from release number 11? No of course not, they want the complete catalogue.

I understand why vinyl only guys get upset and sad, but if you can't see the reasons behind, that's a bit shocking to me.
Who didn't see the reasons behind? Of course i see them, and what are you talking about is listens to me like: "LLFO is now Beatports bitch".

And i agree with you in how the topic went in a false direction.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

ksaen wrote:Who didn't see the reasons behind? Of course i see them, and what are you talking about is listens to me like: "LLFO is now Beatports bitch"
I just thought I saw many reactions like 'we dont understand why they have to put the back catalogue online too' etc etc...
ksaen
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ksaen »

patrick bateman wrote:
ksaen wrote:Who didn't see the reasons behind? Of course i see them, and what are you talking about is listens to me like: "LLFO is now Beatports bitch"
I just thought I saw many reactions like 'we dont understand why they have to put the back catalogue online too' etc etc...
I think they knew the answer, but couldn't imagine/got disappointed that LLFO would do that (thats how i understood it). Same for me.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

i enjoy S.D.Ls posts, especially the last three quotes were nice

sometimes there is no need for many words :D
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Themis wrote:i enjoy S.D.Ls posts, especially the last three quotes were nice

sometimes there is no need for many words :D
x2
S.D.L
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by S.D.L »

ksaen wrote:
S.D.L wrote::!:
S.D.L wrote:You're talking a lot, without saying anything..
S.D.L wrote:Comedy from a high standard..
S.D.L wrote:You lost me at vynil.
S.D.L wrote:You lost me with the inability (inabilità) to use the quote button.
S.D.L wrote:(-)
Sorry, but when you don't have something to say could you please shut up?
I mean in the very beginning you did a on-topic post, but after that you're just trolling.
I read the FAQ, it doesn't say anything about one liners and bashing people with clueless posts.

I got some bashing one liners myself and it made me realize that maybe it was better for me to say nothing at all and shut up.

It's all good!
you are what you tweed