mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

LOL you guys crank me up big time, write some more please :lol:
miniKAT
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miniKAT »

patrick bateman wrote:LOL you guys crank me up big time, write some more please :lol:
Oh please, little louie vega and victor calderon went down to England and came back with deep house, is that what happened?

Anyway u wanna know progression, i'll tell u progression. Progression is a buncha djs and producers playing producing the same sh!t like they using eachothers crates and ableton presets and having to sift through 100 examples of the same song to find one decent standout track.

(THIS DOESNT APPLY TO ALL OF TODAYS PRODUCERS AND DJS, but its a whole hell of a lot. maybe 85%. So if it doesn apply let it fly.)

Nowadays I'm just DLing 90's sh!t from soulseek and buying stuff from discogs, the hell with beatport an all that other crap, theres just no effort anymore.

Thats progression for ya.

Rant over :x :lol:
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Come on, please write some more, it turns me on :lol: 8) :lol:
miniKAT
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miniKAT »

patrick bateman wrote:Come on, please write some more, it turns me on :lol: 8) :lol:
Acid House came out of Boise, Idaho.
Marcus Stork
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Marcus Stork »

tone-def wrote:yeah stolen isn't a word i would use. i wouldn't say any country owns any genre of music but the Americans made it and to my ears at least they do it better. it's all very subjective though :)
Like in Mexicans.. or Chilean? kinda big continent.

Hey.. there was a caveman i Sweden 10.000 years ago who made rhythmical sounds by banging a stick to a stone. He invented it all..

:lol:
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

Marcus Stork wrote:
tone-def wrote:yeah stolen isn't a word i would use. i wouldn't say any country owns any genre of music but the Americans made it and to my ears at least they do it better. it's all very subjective though :)
Like in Mexicans.. or Chilean? kinda big continent.

Hey.. there was a caveman i Sweden 10.000 years ago who made rhythmical sounds by banging a stick to a stone. He invented it all..

:lol:
actually he didn't, he stole music from birds. he heard them singing and tried to copy them. but as he was no match for the birds he started banging a stick to a stone in frustration.
Storlon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Storlon »

Americans made house with disco records, a style that merged in spain... and some japanese drum machines... :p
Brankis
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Brankis »

my personal tastes have reverted back to alot of older stuff as well. mostly because of the sound. stuff like maurizio, echospace, cube and sphere, etc... and even newer fxhe stuff, wolf+lamb, sandwell district...

i think alot of the new digitally produced stuff has no long term lasting power. not because it's bad music, but because for some reason music made 100% digitally doesn't stick in my mind over time, it's too easily forgettable. like my brain rejects it in the long term even if i like it at the current moment. i have no idea why but its something about the sound or subliminal impressions of analog vs digital music