ZIP

- open
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

going to see and hear Zip tomorrow at fabric. And Margaret Dygas. And Pan pot. And Cesare vs Disorder. Can't go wrong :)
luke78
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by luke78 »

Yep I think I'm going to go despite needing to be on top form at work on monday morning. This line up is too good to miss.
spideresistance
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by spideresistance »

any reports from one those nights?

reckon it's still a lil bit early :o
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

well, he had to play the last slot so didn't see him. We still had a trip London-Bruges to do so left before that time unfortunately. But Pan Pot and Lawnchair Generals were brilliant. :)
Didn't go to the main much, too much uber-serious snoozefest music there and I wasn't in the mood for that :)
grace anxiety
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by grace anxiety »

zip wa quality at whp. played lots of weird groovy perlonesque tracks. he played for about 3 and a half hours although as soon as dj sneak came on the room emptied which was a shame. we were up on stage dancing with him and smoking and he looked like he was still enjoying himself. one of the finest sets ive heard this year. i hope he come to my home town in the future;)

how was he at fabric?
MANIKCHILE
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MANIKCHILE »

looking forward to see ZIP in Chile on the 9 of JAN with Villalobos, arpiar crew and Argenis brito.
defintly one the best ever!
luke78
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by luke78 »

I quite enjoyed him at Fabric. I thought he played quite housey and not as perlonesque as I would have hoped. I missed Daygass as she was on very early.

Highlight of my night though was catching some girl trying to lift my wallet out of my back pocket. I was slightly out of it, and didnt really react to her other than a glare. But, I'd have ripped her hand off if I had have been a bit more switched on.
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

luke78 wrote:Highlight of my night though was catching some girl trying to lift my wallet out of my back pocket.
people early in the night were indeed a bit dodgy shall we say. Lots of obnoxious (italian) people pushing and being rude. It got better later on fortunately, but in the first hours a lot of 'dancefloor collissions', at one point I had to position myself between my wife and a bunch of dudes dancing as if they were alone in the room. Luckily I am not the smallest guy around either (and some experience in rage against the machine concerts) so a few well executed pushes back took care of that :)

What's with all the spanish people in fabric btw, at times I thought I was in Barcelona :) Kinda strange that so many spanish people are in a club in london, including staff actually who often spoke this funny manuel-english :) Funny that it's such an international scene in there. Makes for a great scene overall, not taking the before mentioned twats into account.