mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Magda Interview

Post by e99 »

Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

My setup changes each year and right now I'm really toying with the idea of not using decks in the future. This way I can run other gadgets and sync everything.
why im not surprised :D
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Del »

Claude VonStroke recently went on record saying “the future of house and techno is 100% digital,” yet labels like Perlon are clearly resisting this kind of digital direction. What’s your take on it?
You can’t stop progress. It’s just the way things are evolving. Technology will keep improving digital quality of music and eventually DJing will have a completely different meaning.
I think it's interesting to hear DJs like Magda answer questions like this. Does she honestly believe that records and turntables and that style of DJing will cease to exist in the future? five years? 10 or 20 years?

If she’s going to take the time to field questions she should actually answer the question fully giving reasons why she thinks that instead of just rhyming off the same old tired response we’ve been hearing from the minus camp for the last five years.
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

eventually magda will suck even more than she sucks now
camus
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by camus »

s.k. wrote:eventually magda will suck even more than she sucks now

stop the bashing man , too easy.
You cant love it all , but have a little respect for those who make the scene alive.

I dont like magda , but i'm not saying that kind of crap , do you think you are better than her ? what have you done to be able to say so ?
Nordin
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Nordin »

camus wrote:
s.k. wrote:eventually magda will suck even more than she sucks now

stop the bashing man , too easy.
You cant love it all , but have a little respect for those who make the scene alive.

I dont like magda , but i'm not saying that kind of crap , do you think you are better than her ? what have you done to be able to say so ?
+1 :idea:

there's nothing wrong about disliking an artist. but if you are going to criticize someone, how about being a little constructive about it?

Why don't you like her?

you come off as ignorant when you say that kind of stuff
Bob Mulatu
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Bob Mulatu »

boring interview.
i hope there will be a revival of vinyl and the original way of djing...i don't want to hear 5 million effects in a set.
minus is obviously on the way down and i don't think their new visions of a good night and a good dj will bring them up again.
all this twitter and stuff is totally superfluous.
nierika
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nierika »

Claude VonStroke recently went on record saying “the future of house and techno is 100% digital,” yet labels like Perlon are clearly resisting this kind of digital direction. What’s your take on it?
You can’t stop progress. It’s just the way things are evolving. Technology will keep improving digital quality of music and eventually DJing will have a completely different meaning.
I couldn't disagree more.