Horror Movies

- open
infernal.techno
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Horror Movies

Post by infernal.techno »

Recently have been watching a lot of good (some so bad they're good) horror movies. Below are some recommendations...feel free to share yours!

Last House on Dead End St - sounds like LHotL (wes craven) knockoff but not even close. Disturbed individual is released from jail and has a posse he makes real snuff films with. The movie itself had a budget of about $3k...most of which went towards drugs

I Drink Your Blood - devilish hippies take acid and find abandoned town, save a few residents. Young kid injects meat pies with rabies infected blood after the gang of misfits gives his grandfather acid unwillingly. Carnage follows...

Suspiria - many of you have probably seen this already, but is hands down my favorite. Dreamlike sets and lighting are just part of the film...scenes like the opening murder are what set Dario Argento's movies apart. Pure murder...and fantasy and mystery, not just an antagonist with an axe.

Deep Red - another Dario Argento classic, this one has a much more defined murderer, rather than magic. More gruesome beatings than Suspiria, but also entirely different storyline

A few more:

People Under the Stairs - typical Wes Craven goofiness with crazy effects.

Last House on the Left - see above

Quarantine - one of few movies I've watched recently that was made in last year...cheesey story with good hollywood effects

Demons
Phantasm
Zombie
Serpent and Rainbow

---------------------

Don't hold back, even if its a movie you did not like.
- matt
xemomimix
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by xemomimix »

Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

Ebola Syndrome (Yi boh lai beng duk) 8)
imdb wrote:So this is great experience for trash and sicko cinema lovers, but others stay away! You'll feel nothing but sick if you try to watch this! I think that most of the people who like this (and make these!) are considered seriously ill, but that doesn't worry me, because those people who consider lovers of this kind of cinema sick, understand nothing about marginal and alternative cinema.
Death Race 2000 - crazy road-gore-horror-comedy with silvester stallone!
Bad Taste - Peter Jackson
Toxic Avenger
Braindead - more Peter Jackson ftw!
Pink Flamingos - fucking with chicken, dog sh!t eating (4 real!), cop murdering, human flesh eating maniacs. Super hilarious stuff.
Bad Boy Bubby
Versus
Mîtobôru Mashin (Meatball Machine)
Batoru Rowaiaru (Battle Royale)
Bijitâ Q (Visitor Q) - this one is very special
Salò o le 120 giornate di Sodoma - (!!!)
Re-Animator
Africa Addio
I Spit on Your Grave (Day of the Woman) - quite sick (graphic) 70's rape-revenge flick
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
be~~
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by be~~ »

'House of 1000 corpes' and 'Devils rejects' by Rob Zombie are good and worth a evenings viewing ;)
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

be~~ wrote:'House of 1000 corpes' and 'Devils rejects' by Rob Zombie are good and worth a evenings viewing ;)
second to that
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

Robot Criminal wrote:
be~~ wrote:'House of 1000 corpes' and 'Devils rejects' by Rob Zombie are good and worth a evenings viewing ;)
second to that
Rob Zombie is truely amazing.. have also a look on our Japanese Horror Thread somewhere around here.. there are some good suggestions as well!
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.
Stan
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Horror Movies

Post by Stan »

infernal.techno wrote:
Quarantine - one of few movies I've watched recently that was made in last year...cheesey story with good hollywood effects
I most say, I saw the original spanish version "REC" and I loved it. Nice dark, a lot of freaky moments, just the way I like my horrormovies.

Here are a few of my favourites :

- REC
- Reststop
- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre : The Beginning
- Dawn Of The Dead
- Silent Hill
- Dood Eind (Dutch movie)
- Ju-On (original Japanese "Grudge")
- The Hills Have Eyes
- The Reaping
miniKAT
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miniKAT »

Watched Cannibal Holocaust last week, pretty nasty sh!t.

Has anyone seen Paranormal Activity? I watched it last night. The sh!t was made for 11'000$ 3 years ago and has grossed close to 50 mil so far.

No gore, no guts, just blair witch type sh!t. All suggested and suspense type stuff which is genius in its own way.

Me and the wife watched it after midnight with all the light turned off and even though we knew the sh!t was a movie u still catch yourself holding your breath.