Here's A Loaded Question????

- open
MannyLedezma
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by MannyLedezma »

No doubt! At least I know the signature is noticeable!
=============
Illegal Alien Records
=============

Upcoming Releases:

- JPLS Remix of Pantera Nov. 18th
- Kyle Geiger Remix of P2AC2 Feb. 24th 2010
- Perc Remix Mar. 10th of 2010

- Check out my latest release "Las Cuerdas"
dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dsat »

the future of minimal is the sound of me being constipated

seriously, let the future be what it will be, take it as it comes
don't worry about that
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

honestly i see the future of house and techno being from places that aren't europe or america.

lots of great african house records over the last few years.
Maiyal
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Maiyal »

dsat wrote:the future of minimal is the sound of me being constipated

don't worry about that
If everyone keeps waiting, nothing new will ever come out of it. Someone HAS to keep it moving.
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

The future of minimal was kidnapped by Ricardo Villalobos in the summer of 2007.
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

Maiyal wrote:

don't worry about that
If everyone keeps waiting, nothing new will ever come out of it. Someone HAS to keep it moving.
i think he meant its pointless speculating.
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Del »

Maiyal wrote:

don't worry about that
And people are keeping it moving. They always have and always will. It's a natural progression. It's only when people get lazy and stop searching and listening with open ears when the illusion of techno standing still becomes a reality.

I and many others are discovering new sounds, producers, DJs every day (new and old music that sounds fresh) by simply making an effort to do so. Anyone who hangs out around the Beatport charts and refuse (don't want to) look past the 'A listers' are gonna end up disappointed.
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

http://www.bodytonicmusic.com/words/200 ... ostello-1/

donnacha puts it out there how it is...and, for the most part, i follow his stance. i'd like to see people quit being so microscopic and go back to letting records breath...which is why i've been playing less and less serato (though i'm moving to traktor scratch) and more and more vinyl again.

donnacha costello's article wrote: I headed down to see the last hour of Daniel Bell's DJ set. I wish I had arrived earlier as I haven't enjoyed a DJ set so much in many years. Dan was playing indescribably great house records and, for a little while, I danced like no-one was watching. It felt good.

Watching him play was an education, the set was all vinyl and executed respectfully and expertly. He simply chose a record, cued it, mixed with little fuss or fanfare, and continued in this way record after record. I say he played "respectfully" because he allowed each record to do its own thing before introducing the next with subtlety and again allowing it to do its own thing.

Great records in the hands of a great DJ can take on greater significance but I fear that this is becoming forgotten and the kind of skill exhibited By Dan that afternoon will one day be a lost art.

The effect of today's technical milieu and the ceaseless tech-evangelism of one or two of our most prominent DJs seems to be that younger DJs are being encouraged to use new tools to re-edit, loop, chop and combine music to conform to their own personal view of how music should be and to make it their own. (sic)
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier