Here's A Loaded Question????

- open
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

good_god wrote:
cloutier wrote:...which is why i've been playing less and less serato (though i'm moving to traktor scratch) and more and more vinyl again.
i agree with the sentiment wholeheartedly—esp when you choose tracks that deserve to be played through to near completion. but how does serato fit into the looping/mucking about equation?...unless you actually use their clumsy looping function.
well with me moving to traktor scratch, there's that slight motivation to get a faderfox and loop and effect and mangle a track, thus not having those options (via vinyl) makes a track breath, stretch its legs, go for a walk, and do the job it was meant to do as it was created for.

that goes for traktor scratch as a whole, btw.
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
miniKAT
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miniKAT »

Why switch to traktor though if not for the more creative technical possibilities?

U should explore it to the fullest. The sh!t u can do with it with the right controller once u get programmed just right, especially with some crazy macros, the flow is great. Scratch is cool, when u want to play a smooth vinyl type set, but to really bust it open u gotta try the Pro.
apanell
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by apanell »

the future of minimal is illegal alien records
MannyLedezma
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by MannyLedezma »

apanell wrote:the future of minimal is illegal alien records

Why thanks apanell! I hope we can be a part of the future of the genre. However we are not strictly a minimal label. We release techno and tech house as well.
=============
Illegal Alien Records
=============

Upcoming Releases:

- JPLS Remix of Pantera Nov. 18th
- Kyle Geiger Remix of P2AC2 Feb. 24th 2010
- Perc Remix Mar. 10th of 2010

- Check out my latest release "Las Cuerdas"
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

where are all these examples of people pushing the technology to the max with digital djing, btw?
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

Atheory wrote:where are all these examples of people pushing the technology to the max with digital djing, btw?
:lol: point well made. I hear a lot of people pro-digital say "yeah but the possibilities are endless!". And yet 99% of the sets I hear from Ableton dj's just sound like basic beatmatching with vinyl, except there's no skill needed to glue the tracks together.
Anyway... I find it kinda strange to read that minimal is seen as a commercial thing by most people, meanwhile in belgium it never really happened and you hardly hear decent minimal anywhere or it's at pretty small parties. But the main part here is fidget and elektrohouse clash whatever you call it. Makes me a very sad person if you realize we once were a country where it really was all happening...
miniKAT
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miniKAT »

PsyTox wrote:
Atheory wrote:where are all these examples of people pushing the technology to the max with digital djing, btw?
:lol: point well made. I hear a lot of people pro-digital say "yeah but the possibilities are endless!". And yet 99% of the sets I hear from Ableton dj's just sound like basic beatmatching with vinyl, except there's no skill needed to glue the tracks together.
Anyway... I find it kinda strange to read that minimal is seen as a commercial thing by most people, meanwhile in belgium it never really happened and you hardly hear decent minimal anywhere or it's at pretty small parties. But the main part here is fidget and elektrohouse clash whatever you call it. Makes me a very sad person if you realize we once were a country where it really was all happening...
What happened to the hard techno and Acid? Some good stuff used to come out of Belgium. I always had this impression of the Belgian scene as being hard as nailz.
MannyLedezma
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by MannyLedezma »

I figured the techno/minimal scene in BE was popping too. In the states the techno/minimal scene is def lacking. The U.S. is a mainstream crowd for the most part.
=============
Illegal Alien Records
=============

Upcoming Releases:

- JPLS Remix of Pantera Nov. 18th
- Kyle Geiger Remix of P2AC2 Feb. 24th 2010
- Perc Remix Mar. 10th of 2010

- Check out my latest release "Las Cuerdas"